I just recently realized that one of the bands I listen to (though they may be a smaller band) is very thorough in responding to every facebook comment they recieve. They give updates every day on their recording sessions, when new things are coming out, when more T-shirts are being printed (their online store is out of stock with everything) and everything. I've asked them a few questions concerning what T-shirts are being printed and they always answered, and it's just an awesome feeling to not only have the information in seconds, but to be able to interact with the band and close the gap between the band and the listener.

I know it may not be possible for bigger bands to interact so closely with the fans, but it's really a cool feeling when they take the time to do so.

So, has anyone else been able to interact with their favorite bands?
ofcourse that a band like Metallica can't interact with their fans, but that band you like that plays country and has that douchy guitarist that plays with sunglasses and has homosexual poses can interact with you.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Forever road has interacted with me in ways no other band has.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Forever road has interacted with me in ways no other band has.

I guess they left you....

Forever A Road.

Quote by blake1221
Pianos Become the Teeth has responded to me before.

Do you happen to be a dentist ?
Last edited by Lord_Doku at Feb 14, 2012,
Nope. Iron Maiden can't respond to hundreds of thousands of fans, but on Twitter my 2nd favorite band, Shinedown, interacts with their fans. Gives them RTs, tells them happy birthday, answers some questions. I like bands that actually care enough about their fans to show their face once in a while
I asked Jaret Reddick for his autograph over twitter once, he replied and told me to send an e-mail with my name and address etc. to the Bowling for Soup e-mail address. A few months passed, I'd forgotten about it and then one day I got a brown envelope in the post with a BFS logo stamped on it. Inside was a photo of the band and it was signed by all of them and "Conor," was written there also. Then I found that there was also a few BFS guitar picks and a BFS bumper sticker included as well.
Quote by Lord_Doku
I guess they left you....

Forever A Road.

I don't get it.
In Flames. They were very interactive with the audience when I got to see them live and the lead guitarist and drummer are following me on Twitter.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by blake1221
Forever alone joke.

I kind thought that was what he was saying, but that doesn't make any sense considering what I typed
Quote by Kensai
I kind thought that was what he was saying, but that doesn't make any sense considering what I typed

Well neither does his dentist joke, when you think about it lol.
True
I e-mailed some band how they send out their EP's and the frontman mailed me back to say they were sorry for not doing that, but that I could come by to pick it up and hang out for a bit. Didn't do it though, train tickets are expensive!

Edit: I think it's an buttsecks joke of some sort, referring to your scarred colon as a road...
Last edited by frankv at Feb 14, 2012,
I have members of both Periphery and Scale the Summit on facebook and they are all cool dudes. Obviously though, the smaller the band, the more time they will have to respond. Chris Letchford from STS is especially good at responding to messages, and he seems to write everyone back. They seem like awesome dudes. However bands like Dream Theater cant hope to message every single person (especially those foreign people who write nonsensical shit like "John my favor sen guitar jajaja suck jaja") but they are still pretty good at putting up updates.
Never really interacted with a band, but one of my favourite authors, Brandon Sanderson, is pretty good at interacting with fans. He runs a facebook page where he posts updates on his progress just about every day and he'll often answer fans' questions.
Quote by conor-figgy
I asked Jaret Reddick for his autograph over twitter once, he replied and told me to send an e-mail with my name and address etc. to the Bowling for Soup e-mail address. A few months passed, I'd forgotten about it and then one day I got a brown envelope in the post with a BFS logo stamped on it. Inside was a photo of the band and it was signed by all of them and "Conor," was written there also. Then I found that there was also a few BFS guitar picks and a BFS bumper sticker included as well.

Holy shit thats cool as hell

My favourite band happens to be a finnish band called Stam1na. They just released a new album (produced by Joe Barresi :wtf and I'm actually hoping they might break international (at least a little :p. I was at a record shop in Helsinki the day it was realeased (6 days ago btw) and the guys were there and I got the new albums deluxe version signed got the shake their hands and talk shit with them for a minute. I love when favourite bands turn out to be really cool fellows
Tool likes spreading lies and rumors about their band and they enjoy doing it because they know their fans are retarded and eat up/believe everything they say.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I tried adding Misha Monsoor, A.J Minette, and Tosin Abasi on Facebook.

They all denied my friend request.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
I've never really tried interacting with bands through the internet, but will talk to them at their shows if I can. This past saturday I saw Widowspeak and talked to all of them and they were so ****ing awesome. Got their album signed by them, got their setlist, and hung out with their drummer during the Dum Dum Girls set. It was an awesome night!
Quote by blake1221
Pianos Become the Teeth has responded to me before.

Oh yeah, I listened to Old Pride and loved it. DAT CLOSING TRACK

OT: BTBAM liked one of my comments before.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I saw Peter Frampton post something on a website yesterday about his long-lost Les Paul that he was recently reunited with.
Elliot, the new singer from TesseracT, interacted with me after I likened him to a dancing hippy midget gnome after a video where the rest of the band were grooving in unison and he was doing shit like running in place.

He corrected me and informed me that he is in fact over 6', and thus not a midget.

The guys from The Omega Experience are super nice on Facebook, as is Devin Townsend. Townsend's wife even writes a personalised note saying thanks with every thing they sell on eBay.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Elliot, the new singer from TesseracT, interacted with me after I likened him to a dancing hippy midget gnome after a video where the rest of the band were grooving in unison and he was doing shit like running in place.

He corrected me and informed me that he is in fact over 6', and thus not a midget.

The guys from The Omega Experience are super nice on Facebook, as is Devin Townsend. Townsend's wife even writes a personalised note saying thanks with every thing they sell on eBay.

That reminds me! When I saw TesseracT live, one of the guys near me in the crowd was telling everyone about how Elliot was tweeting about him
I spoke to Mark Tremonti on Twitter, and he's like.. my hero.

Was pretty cool brah.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I (very) briefly communicated with Mikey Erg via Facebook.

Blake Schwarzenbach never accepted my friend request and for that I'll never forgive him. He cut me real deep.
Paul Waggoner from BtBam answered a few questions for me on FB.
Greg Dunn from Moving Mountains and I have emailed each other a few times.
I have all the guys from Scale The Summit on Facebook as well as Spencer from Periphery
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by due 07
Blake Schwarzenbach never accepted my friend request and for that I'll never forgive him. He cut me real deep.

lol, rly? I'm friends w/ him.

It even says he's on chat, sometimes. I never really felt like bothering him, though. But I once saw him respond to a question someone posted on his wall inquiring about CUNY Hunter.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Feb 15, 2012,
Kelly Shaefer is the easiest person to talk on facebook, he's always on and is a pretty cool guy. Too bad I'm not a huge fan of later Atheist.

Paul Masvidal is...interesting.
Quote by neidnarb11890
lol, rly? I'm friends w/ him.

It even says he's on chat, sometimes. I never really felt like bothering him, though. But I once saw him respond to a question someone posted on his wall inquiring about CUNY Hunter.

I had a dream I saw him in a subshop in New York. I didn't know what to do, though; I didn't want to be one of those annoying "OMG BLAKE SCHWARZENBACH?!?! SIGN MY TITS" kind of people, but I didn't want to let the opportunity slip through my fingers. Unfortunately I let the opportunity slip through my fingers -- all of a sudden, I wake up in a cold sweat.

That's all true except for the last part.

If I ever do see him in an NYC subshop, I'll ask him why he never accepted my friend request.