I recently received my Avatar 2x12 contemporary with v30s, white tolex and all I can say is Wow!! I have a 6505+ combo and I wished I had ordered this sooner, it sounds so much better! I only use this cab now, I disconnected the stock speaker. I guess my point of this thread is avatar cabs are absolutely amazing and the guys there are really great to talk to. I guess back in the day he went to the same college i did...small world. And secondly I noticed a lot of people posting threads for tone help. Honestly if your not satisfied I would highly recommend getting a new cab (avatar )with speakers suited for your style. I have finally achieved my tone and just wanted to share the success. If anyone cares my settings are: LEAD pre-6 low-5 mid-4.5 high-6 pres-6 res-6 and post 2. ( you really need this amp on at least 1 or 2 to start opening it up).
nice

but yeah cabs and speakers make a massive difference. to the extent that the wrong ones can make an otherwise good guitar and amp sound bad.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah my amp sounded kinda muddy with the peavey speaker, but the v30s give it a really nice bite. I also retubed and biased and man did that make a difference too! And I'm not trying to sell anything, haha. I just never thought something as simple as simple as getting different speakers would impact my tone so much. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm
I'll try to get some pics up later and I guess I could try to do a peavey Sheffield 112 vs v30 2x12 vid, but im probably not that great compared to most guitarists standards, but I still may
Quote by Ultima117
Yeah my amp sounded kinda muddy with the peavey speaker, but the v30s give it a really nice bite. I also retubed and biased and man did that make a difference too! And I'm not trying to sell anything, haha. I just never thought something as simple as simple as getting different speakers would impact my tone so much. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm

yeah i'm totally hooked on speakers now too after doing a couple of swaps recently
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nice!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hey out of interest, what colour is that grille cloth?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ultima117
MG cab, haha!! I thought I would throw a pic of my guitar in too

Grrr i clicked on the second link expecting cab pr0nz and all I saw was a damn schecter

But sick cab, I almost ordered the same one last yea same colour and all except with a black grille instead
Haha! I just had to throw that pic in there. I know schecters have a bad rep, but its truly an amazing guitar. I also have a prs mike mushok baritone . And yeah the avatar cab is quite a bit bigger and heavier than I expected too. I just have it sitting on a chair until I can get an amp stand, haha.
As for the earlier questions, the guitar is the hellraiser and the grille on the cab is the silver black weave. The pictures really don't do this cab justice though
I have one with purple tolex and a silver grille cloth. They're heavy but they built them like damn tanks.
Quote by Ultima117
the grille on the cab is the silver black weave. T

thanks

looks badass
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah they are, Haha. I notice in your gear it says you have v30 with a g12h30. How's that sound?
Quote by Ultima117
Yeah they are, Haha. I notice in your gear it says you have v30 with a g12h30. How's that sound?

Like a beauty. It's not a sound for everyone, but I like how it accentuates the mids from my Mark IV. If I was playing on a 5150, I would go 2 V30's like yourself.