hi im kinda dont know wich of those amps to buy... a new 6262 or a used jcm 800/900... i heard the 900 was much worse than the 800 but the 800 only has 1 channel... and i want to have like 2 channels because for songs with cleans and overdriven parts i want to be able to switch from clean to overdrive.

and any thoughts on : the combo version of 800/900 and the 50w version? and would a tubescreamer / overdrive pedal be nice with the 800 so i can have 2 channels? and can the 800 still be clean on gigging volumes or does it start to break up.

i play mostly metallica btw. and other hard rock, heavy metal stuff

both amps cost about the same (new 6262 and used 800/900)
i'd go for the jcm 800 with a boost pedal... turn the pedal off and roll down your volume knob for the clean parts.

I have a bugera 6262... and they're ok.. but... they're ok, not good, not great, not pretty nice... they're ok :p

might be a bit of preference here though, im more into a bit smoother tones.. i dont really like the distortion/overdrive form the bugera, the cleans are quite nice.
-Ernie Ball Music Man JP6
-Ibanez UV777
-Fender Lonestar Deluxe
-Ibanez GRG 270b
-Yamaha F350
-Ibanez AE105TY

-Bugera 6262 head
-Bugera 212 cab
-Marshall Valvestate 8040

-Line 6 pod x3 live
-Line 6 guitarport
-Vox Ice 9 Overdrive
jcm800 2205's have great cleans, they have a clean and overdrive channel so you can switch between the 2, I also use an overdrive pedal as well as the normal overdrive to boost it a little. There's a lot of hate on here for them but I've gigged with mine for years and it's been a great amp.
The 2205/2210 overdrive channel bleeds into the clean channel unmodded.

Boosted 2203s are killer and pickup switching and guitar knobs are your friend.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Feb 14, 2012,
Check out the Jet City JCA50h/JCA100h, not sure how much they are though...

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Call me cooky, call me crazy but a Bugera 6262 is an extremely fine amp. Save yourself some money and go with the 6262...then in the future if you want to expand your collection go with an 800.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Quote by Ih5g
i'd go for the jcm 800 with a boost pedal... turn the pedal off and roll down your volume knob for the clean parts.

This.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich