Does anyone know how to split MP3 files from two channels so that you can remove certain parts from a song?

I want to record Paul Rodgers version of "I just want to make love to you", but I can't find a BT for it anywhere. So i was going to put the song into Audacity and remove his vocals and the guitar.

At the moment all i can remove is his vocals. Anyone know how to properly remove parts or can do it for me?
It's been discussed before in a few threads and unless you're an absolute pro at audio editing (I really mean it), it really is not worth it. Remember that when a song has been produced, all the frequencies from all the instruments are merged in to one track (one for left and one for right if you're using stereo). The only reason you can remove vocals so easily most of the time is because it's the same on both left and right channels and instruments are not.

You can try frequency filters but other instruments have frequencies that are in the same range and it'll end up sounding ploppers. I'd be happy with removing vocals and calling it a day If I were you.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Silent Murder
It's been discussed before in a few threads and unless you're an absolute pro at audio editing (I really mean it), it really is not worth it. Remember that when a song has been produced, all the frequencies from all the instruments are merged in to one track (one for left and one for right if you're using stereo). The only reason you can remove vocals so easily most of the time is because it's the same on both left and right channels and instruments are not.

You can try frequency filters but other instruments have frequencies that are in the same range and it'll end up sounding ploppers. I'd be happy with removing vocals and calling it a day If I were you.

thanks for the reply. Do you know a site other than Guitarbackingtrakcs.com that might have the BT i want?
Check out Guitar Pro, midi backing tracks are extremely useful.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!