http://soundcloud.com/terethien/01-the-meeting-of-worlds

So quite some time ago my uncle and I started an electronic/ambient project more as a joke than anything else, and recorded a couple (terrible) songs. We stopped for a few years before I thought it might be fun to take it up again in a more serious manner with a broader range of tools. This is my first track for the new project (a far cry from my post-rock songs I've posted here in the last few months, that's for sure).

This is psychedelic ambient, similar to Shpongle, Younger Brother, Entheogenic, etc, with a large focus on melody as with the majority of my music. I'm not too familiar with mixing techniques for electronic music, so any and all feedback is certainly welcome.

Oh and most definitely listen with your best pair of headphones, it was written and composed with them in mind!

C4C as usual
Last edited by Metorical at Feb 14, 2012,
Love the psychedelic feeling! Reminds me of some Pink Floyd stuff! Was wondering, did you play the synthesizers yourself or was this made using loops/other software? Pretty trippy, I'm following you on SoundCloud.

P.S. I'm working on a blog to introduce people to new and interesting sounds, I'd love to feature this song. Check out the blog in my sig.
I played everything but the drums myself on a synth, with just a little MIDI editing afterwards. Definitely glad you enjoyed it, and I'd be honored if you featured the song!