Page 1 of 3
So there's a really high chance that I'll have to take my dog to the vet to be put to sleep tomorrow after school. Normally my dad would do that, but he just had rotator cuff surgery this morning, so I'll have to go so I can help my dog in/out of the car. I've been able to talk about it just fine without any negative emotions, but I'm afraid that it will all become real to me when it happens.

Has anyone else had to do this?
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals

Its alright man. Just remember all the good times you had with your dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQVX8iGbgk
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Ya I've done it a lot of times. It sucks. I always feel like I've violated a trust.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by genghisgandhi
holy shit it's like I'm in 3rd grade all over again.

Again?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
R.I.P. doggy.

Quote by Jackal58
Again?

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by genghisgandhi
Yeah I was in 3rd grade when I was 8.

So last year?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I had a dog that had to be sold when I was 11 against my wishes so that we could move. I was really angry at my dad for awhile because I didn't think it was necessary and I was really attached to that dog. This dog I've been distancing myself from, not intentionally, he just hasn't been able to play or able jump up on the bed to sleep (bad habit he developed that we never corrected, too late now). Maybe it won't be so bad since I'm older and I've been expecting it. Though like most things in my life, I just ignore it/don't think about it rather than wallow in emotion, that's just how I deal with things. Is that bad?
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
I have. It was hard, probably the hardest thing I've had to do, and it still makes me cry sometimes. He was my best friend, you know, I had him as a puppy. 14 beautiful years together.
The best thing to remember is the the good times, and how much fun you've had, and all the crazy things that make him unique. The effect they have is momentous, and they're truly beautiful creatures. Best of luck, and if you were close at all with him, be glad you're going. It's incredibly hard, but he wouldn't have had it any other way.
Quote by OfCourseNot
So there's a really high chance that I'll have to take my dog to the vet to be put to sleep tomorrow after school. Normally my dad would do that, but he just had rotator cuff surgery this morning, so I'll have to go so I can help my dog in/out of the car. I've been able to talk about it just fine without any negative emotions, but I'm afraid that it will all become real to me when it happens.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Yes my childhood dog that I begged and begged for when I was a 1st grader had to be put down after nine years. He had water in his lungs or something and had extreme trouble breathing. He couldn't lie down because he'd drown. The dog was pretty miserable the last days of his life so bringing him in was hard.
Don't kid yourself mate, it'll hit you. When I had to put my sweet dog down I went to a dark corner and bawled my ass off.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Feb 14, 2012,
I'm apparently the only one who doesn't get devasted by the death of a pet. I did as a kid, but I stopped about the time I hit puberty. Then again, since the last turtle I had that upset me, I haven't gotten super close to another animal. We've had plenty that have died though and it didn't phase me. Our family dog from the time i was in 1st grade until like 9th died and I wasn't really sad. Maybe I have no soul.
I didn't have to do that personally, but I've had dogs put to sleep. tbh I'd prefer to be in your position. my dog that I picked out as a small kid died in October of 2011. we'd been buds all my life and all his life. I live in KY now and they had to put him down in IL. they had me sobbing in the phone pressed up to his ear saying goodbye and how much I loved him. it broke ny heart I couldn't be there with him. I know the the rest of my family was there and he loved them and vice versa. but I felt guilty that I, the one who brought him into our family, was not there to hold him and pet him while he died. they claimed that he visibly recognized my voice on the phone though. oh well. c'est la vie. somewhere at the moment Oscar died, a new puppy opened it's eyes for the first time and looked into the face of an excited little boy in love with his new pet. guess that's how the whole durned human (or canine) comedy keeps perpetuating itself.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Feb 14, 2012,
It hits you hard. Especially on the drive home. My mom and I put our cat down when I was in 5th grade, driving home with her body in the box in the back of the car is not a good experience.

However, I think it's better to do this. They don't know what's happening, but they won't have to suffer any longer. You wouldn't want your pet to suffer, right? Just cry, let it out, no use avoiding it. You'll feel better after a while, not really soon, but just be happy that you were able to have sucha great life with your pet.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Sorry to hear that. It doesn't hurt the animal at all. They just go to sleep. My dog had to be put down last year. I was away for a few days at the time. It was horrible coming home and her not being there, though. She was a Great Dane so you could always see her no matter where she was. Then she was gone. It was like we had got rid of one of the sofas or something. She was so big. I loved that dog. But, you get over it and you move on. These things happen.
I'm planning on just dropping him off, paying the $200 and leaving. I know that sounds harsh, but I don't see a point in staying there to say goodbye to a pet that doesn't understand what's going on. No matter what he'll be put down in the next couple weeks, but if he's not better tomorrow there's not much of a choice. I'll post an update after it happens if anyone's interested.
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by OfCourseNot
I'm planning on just dropping him off, paying the $200 and leaving. I know that sounds harsh, but I don't see a point in staying there to say goodbye to a pet that doesn't understand what's going on. No matter what he'll be put down in the next couple weeks, but if he's not better tomorrow there's not much of a choice. I'll post an update after it happens if anyone's interested.

Read #10

"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
It happened to my family and I. She had cancer so we had to put her to sleep. I cried man. That shit hurt as if a family member died. I was sad for 5 months. I talked about it on forums and it helped out. I know it sounds like a cop out, but getting another dog really helps...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by daytripper75
Sorry dude. I know losing a pet can really suck.

Maybe this will make you feel better:

(Invalid img)
Quote by CrunchyRoll
*dog comic*

Goddammit Pit, stop making me cry today with dog stories.

I actually have tears running down my face.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by OfCourseNot

The way I saw it, my dog and I had spent just about every minute together before that, and I wasn't going to have him go alone, or even just with my parents. I had to be there, for him. He'd be there for me, and I didn't want him being scared or anxious. I was also unsure if I would go with him, at first I said no way, that I couldn't handle it, but as it went on I realized I probably should go with him, and then that I had to. I don't have one single ounce of regret about it.
Please consider it.
I fuckin hate you crunchyroll

Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I had to do it a few years ago, the dog was fifteen, so we really grew up together. The vet came over and did with him in my lap. It was really sad, but I was fine until I put him in a little coffin that my roomate built, and put him in the ground, then I started balling.

I got another dog now a couple years later, and he reminds me of him a little. So I see my old dog in my dreams sometimes, and he's alive. It's strange, but it isn't sad.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
I guess I'm just trying to rationalize an excuse not to cry in front of people. Which I haven't done in a long, long time.
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by OfCourseNot
I guess I'm just trying to rationalize an excuse not to cry in front of people. Which I haven't done in a long, long time.

I didn't think or care about that at all. I loved my dog, and when things that you love die, you cry. I am right now, and I don't feel bad at all about it.
I'll read that dog comic later, just not right now. Maybe not for awhile.
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by OfCourseNot
Oh do not
Quote by OfCourseNot

If you have ever had a dog that you loved, don't.

OT: Last year I went with my mom to put our kitten down who was having uncontrolable seizures that the vets couldn't stop. She was beautiful and was so playful up until those final few days. She was part Maincoon so you can imagine how cool she looked with the big mane and everything. I sobbed the whole time. I tried to stop but couldn't, it is very hard. But I know we did the right thing by stopping her pain.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 14, 2012,
Dammit pit I can't do this, I'd rather come home to find him gone and already taken by someone else.
Quote by WCPhils
Ibanez RG8
whole bunch o' pedals
That 10 canine commandments gets me every time
TS it is hard, I was the same position when I had my old dog put down, no tears were shed until he was on the table in the vets. He was in a fit from liver and heart failure, like some kind of stroke and just stopped with the injection, that was what got me, that moment
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Page 1 of 3