So I finally got a job and I need some dental work done pretty badly. I get paid a week from this friday and I'll drop a few hundred getting my mouth worked on, but the thing is that I'm 17 and have no insurance. I know of dentists around here that'll take cash with no insurance, but do you think it'll be an issue that I'm a minor? I prefer to not get my parents involved.
Yes.
He can't do anything without consent.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My sibling is getting braces (I don't know if that's what you need) and it's going to cost him a total of $4,500. Consent was needed.

EDIT: This is without insurance by the way.
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by behind_you
My sibling is getting braces (I don't know if that's what you need) and it's going to cost him a total of $4,500. Consent was needed.

EDIT: This is without insurance by the way.

Most insurance plans do not cover braces, as it is primarily cosmetic.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by trainspotted11
Join the military. That shits free if you serve.

Or being an inmate they to get the best healthcare.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Quote by Ikillintel

You be they to the best idiot.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Luckily, my teeth are perfect.

A modeling career is hard to get into without perfect teeth.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by sglover34479
I prefer to not get my parents involved.

O rly?
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Ikillintel

Yeah, they also get traded for cigarettes.
Quote by Eastwinn
Socialized dentistry would be sweet...

We could all share dentures!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
eeeeshhhh, that whole cash dentist thing just smells like fish, no matter how legit they may actually be.

And I honestly don't know what just a couple of hundred bucks could get you. Depends on what you're thinking of getting. You never know man, he might get in there and find you need extra work done, maybe he'll have to take a tooth out and then you might need a spacer implant, which is thousands of dollars. My gf got a screw put in where there was a tooth removed, the screw is to later put a tooth implant, I think it cost around 2 grand, plus she got another tooth removed I think, she still has braces so there's all sorts of back and forth going on with that stuff.

The whole consent thing, I didn't even know you needed consent for that but that makes sense. Why don't you worm yourself into some job just for the benefits, whatever they may be, work until your benefits kick in and take advantage of some discounts. I'm still covered under my parents (50% each because they're divorced, split the claims=100% FTW!) but I remember I had part time benefits when I used to work at a piece of shit grocery store, it wasn't much but it was something. If you go full time (if you're able to) you obviously get better benefits, I remember our full-time guys got semi-decent discounting for dental, it's better than nothing.
When it comes to my teeth, I never skimp.