I have 100 dollars and need an amp. What's the best I could get for 100 dollars. I have no idea when it comes to amps and wouldn't know what to get.
Genre: Metal mostly
Closest home town: Philadelphia
Use: Home use. Mostly for fun
Last edited by trainspotted11 at Feb 14, 2012,
id go with a used peavey vypyr and with the rest buy a new 10 inch speaker for it.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Fender Mustang, Vox VT, Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr, Used Vox AC4TV8, Used Fender Champ 600 etc.

Genres?
Closest City?
Home or Gig (God forbid)?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
save up and buy something worth buying. even used, 100 bucks wont get you much if you need to have something buy a cheap usb interface (lexicon alpha is cheap) for your computer and download free vst plugins. or get the Irig or peavey ampkit link for your iphone/ipod if you have one.

all of those will suffice for practice and sound better than any amp for 100 bucks.

but if you MUST spend 100 bucks on an amp i suggest the fender mustang if you can find one. they are decent little practice amps.

EDIT: too bad your not up a bit more north in PA id practically give u my ibanez tb50
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Last edited by iheartgun at Feb 14, 2012,
Peavey Vypyr is exactly what you're looking for.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by Obama FTW

Pretty sure that's a Bandit. Go with that, TS.

Otherwise try to find someone with a Vypyr 30 and offer them $100 for it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Feb 15, 2012,
Quote by romeozdistress
id go with a used peavey vypyr and with the rest buy a new 10 inch speaker for it.

Best choice ^
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
i'd go for the used 15 watter myself.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Peavy Vyper 15w. I own one an I love everything it has to offer, I even got a decent PWD sound on mine after messing with it for hours on end.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
You could get a Roland CUBE-15XL 15W for 100 brand new or find the 20W cube used for the same price. That said, you could even get the microcube. It's a great sounding little amp and for purely hobbyist home-use and for fun to play around, it's a blast. I love that little thing and the metal tones from it are surprisingly good. I've never personally used the larger 15W and 20W cubes but if they're anything like the microcube in a larger package, they're winners. Other than that, you can find Peavey 30 watt vypers used in your price range or the 15 watt brand new.

Also (puts up flame shield) a Spider isn't too bad in this price range. They get a lot of unwarranted crap from people who get them thinking they're gonna be something they we're never meant to be. They're practice amps and, for what they're worth, are just as good as anything else in the price range. I've got a 30 watt Spider III as my practice bedroom amp and leave the serious stuff for the 5150 in my basement. Nothing wrong with Spiders IMHO as long as you know their purpose. For general messing around and fun, you want versatility and effects to play around with and the Spiders and Vypers have those for your all your needs along with some decent tones and sound output.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Last edited by Krauser at Feb 15, 2012,