Before I start, I'm going to apologise for how much a noob the following is going to make me sound.

A friend of mine is selling a Marshall 1960A 300W 4x12 for a little over £200.
I've had my eyes on a fender mustang V head for a little while, but I have no idea if the two would sound good together.

Was hoping you guys could give me some advice, or suggest some alternatives for £200-£300

Many thanks!
Well, if you're getting a Marshall 1960a cab I'd suggest getting a better head to go with it instead of a Mustang, tube if you can afford it.

Look around for Peavey Valveking heads, they go for dirt cheap used. Also check out Jet City JCA50h.
Being the owner of a Mustang III, I'd say get a nice tube head unless you use effects. Then go for the mustang but make sure it doesn't have the fizz. I think that problem is mainly with the IIIs but some IVs and Vs have it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
For up to three hundred quid there should be a few decent used options around - especially Cardiff/Swansea/Bristol area....

What style/sounds are you looking for?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
For up to three hundred quid there should be a few decent used options around - especially Cardiff/Swansea/Bristol area....

What style/sounds are you looking for?

Well I gig a lot with a punk/hardcore band, but I usually mess around with a few other sounds around the house