hey guys title pretty much says it.

Only reason ive been going without it is cause i can still do downstroke picks fast, and my hammer on and offs help out.

Any tips? I notice i cant go as fast when i pick down and up, as compared to doing down like ive been doing. Sometimes i get lucky and it works, but ive noticed the speed changed and wow i LOVE IT. but still having problems....

What do you guys think?
Practice slow, build it up. Use a metronome.

To only downpick everything, that's a pretty bad habit dude. I'd actively try to get it pushed out now. To downpick faster than alternate, it's logically not right due to the extra movement required to just downpick, it indicates that your technique currently is pretty flawed.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Alan your totally right bro... im not using like half my picking power cause i skip the up pick....

pray for me man... cause ive always have problems trying to get my picking hand to do stuff...
Artificial Harmonics.... Alternate picking... i just never had a teacher so its always like im all over the place u know?
It's just a matter of practice dude, it's at least good you caught it at this point. At around 6 years in I opted to take my first formal lessons because my picking technique was flawed to the point where I had stopped progressing. It took me a year to fix it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I alternate pick everything but now my downpicking sucks ass. It took me a while to get used to alternate picking but I PRACTICED everyday and now its my primary picking technique.
(>•&bull> $$$$$ <(••<

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Jackson DK2
1991 Jackson Fusion Pro
Peavey Triple X Super 40