Page 1 of 6
Than when Dave Grohl made his acceptance speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNfTXQ5BzI4

It is the human element that makes music awesome.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by Zoot Allures
It's a shame the foo fighters are terrible.

Another example of you being arrogant about everything.

They can't be that terrible because they just won 5 GRAMMY AWARDS.

UG Awards
Which word are we talking about here?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by seeneyj
Another example of you being arrogant about everything.

They can't be that terrible because they just won 5 GRAMMY AWARDS.

st anger is a great album by those standards
Quote by Zoot Allures
And as we all know, grammy awards are the thing that dictates how good something is.

You can tell me how crap they are when you've sold 10 millions albums.

UG Awards
itt:seenyj proving he is a douche bag incase the other thread didnt prove it already
Quote by Zoot Allures
And as we all know, grammy awards are the thing that dictates how good something is.

No, apparently you are
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
No, apparently you are

This.

UG Awards
The Foo Fighters have written some great songs, get over yourselves, just because you don't like doesn't make it terrible.
Quote by rockfan7
The Foo Fighters have written some great songs, get over yourselves, just because you don't like doesn't make it terrible.

And by that same logic, just because you like them doesn't mean their songs are great
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by Waterboy799
No, apparently you are

Of course.

Anyway TS, i think you should admit you've said much truer words in your time
'Where words fail, music speaks' - seeneyj

Quote by seeneyj
You can tell me how crap they are when you've sold 10 millions albums.

Can i just ask, by this logic where does that place your band on the scale of good to crap?
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Feb 14, 2012,
in all honesty if people cant see foo fighters for what they really are

wow
Quote by Waterboy799
No, apparently you are

I'll take Zoot's word over the Grammys' any fucking day.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I liked how the Grammy's had a Sum 41 song up more "best metal song."
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I liked how the Grammy's had a Sum 41 song up more "best metal song."

Hard rock/metal, smarty pants.
Quote by Waterboy799
No, apparently you are

At least Zoot has reasoning to back up his statements: reasons that aren't "BUT THEY WON GRAMMYS!" Cuz everyone and their cat knows that the Grammys are renowned for being based on nothing other than music politics, popularity, and most of all cash monehhhhh.

Dave Grohl is an idiot and evil. As if the average human has access to the expensive ass tape machines and mic-pres and other fancypants analog gear they used, let alone a world class producer. Gimme a break, Grohl.
Quote by blake1221
Hard rock/metal, smarty pants.

shhh, you're ruining my music snob shtick.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
"Hey listen everybody, this is my worthless opinion on something!"
*applause from mindless celebrity worshippers who will make Dave Grohl's opinion their own*

I just thought I'd sum up the video for anyone that can't watch it at the moment.
Quote by rockfan7

I don't like the foo fighters, but I can admit that they're much better than this band:

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by due 07
At least Zoot has reasoning to back up his statements: reasons that aren't "BUT THEY WON GRAMMYS!" Cuz everyone and their cat knows that the Grammys are renowned for being based on nothing other than music politics, popularity, and most of all cash monehhhhh.

Dave Grohl is an idiot and evil. As if the average human has access to the expensive ass tape machines and mic-pres and other fancypants analog gear they used, let alone a world class producer. Gimme a break, Grohl.

This is basically it, it's cringeworthy to hear this stuff just because he did an album not long ago on tape. Big deal, you don't need to correct everything in digital recording in pro tools for instance just because the option is there -_- so you can still keep it 'non perfect' if you want.

And it's rich hearing this from one of the most generic sounding bands ever, and i'm talking about mixing and general production here too.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I don't like the foo fighters, but I can admit that they're much better than this band:

HAHA
Quote by darkstar2466
I'll take Zoot's word over the Grammys' any fucking day.

Quit being a sheep, I don't like the foo fighters either, you guys get these shit storms going and for nothing, so this group of people like a band you don't, it doesn't mean they suck.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
Grammy's mean nothing to me. But Dave Grohl says something a lot of people forget in that line of work. Whether the Foos make good music or not is irrelevant, and also totally based on opinion. He spoke a truth.

Music is a different thing for every one. There is nothing inherently wrong with using autotune and such, because music should also be fun. But when it comes down to it, masking your mistakes with a computer program, and having someone else write your tunes, doesn't really make you a musician, nor does it make you a talent.

Putting hard work, dedication, and passion into your work makes you a talent. It's those slightly off-tune notes and the tiny mistakes, it's sitting with your instrument and fiddling around with ideas until it all just pours out ...that's what makes you a talent, and what brings forth the greatest music.

Just my two-cents.
Quote by blake1221
Which is....?

Quote by Zoot Allures
one of the most generic sounding bands ever

\m/
Quote by due 07
\m/

For alt rock though, can you really set the bar that high? And couldn't you give them credit for pretty much writing the Bible of the genre with The Colour and the Shape?
Quote by due 07
\m/

This. Dave Grohl is fine when he's drumming, but when he starts writing the songs it's all generic bullshit.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Ikillintel
it doesn't mean they suck.

but they do

generic radio safe money maker music
Witchcraft recorded their first album on all 70s equipment in a basement.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Hey, why are you a c*nt?

UG Awards
Last edited by seeneyj at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by Mud Martian
Grammy's mean nothing to me. But Dave Grohl says something a lot of people forget in that line of work. Whether the Foos make good music or not is irrelevant, and also totally based on opinion. He spoke a truth.

Music is a different thing for every one. There is nothing inherently wrong with using autotune and such, because music should also be fun. But when it comes down to it, masking your mistakes with a computer program, and having someone else write your tunes, doesn't really make you a musician, nor does it make you a talent.

Putting hard work, dedication, and passion into your work makes you a talent. It's those slightly off-tune notes and the tiny mistakes, it's sitting with your instrument and fiddling around with ideas until it all just pours out ...that's what makes you a talent, and what brings forth the greatest music.

Just my two-cents.

This.

And anyway, I thought he talking more about pop singers who don't write any of their music and that kind of stuff. It didn't seem like a stab at electronic music. Especially since he then played with Deadmau5.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 14, 2012,
I don't like the Foo Fighters much. I think I have a few songs of theirs I enjoy

Quote by seeneyj
Hey, why are you a c*nt?
Oh boy. Here we go.
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Feb 15, 2012,