Page 1 of 2
so I met Iced Earth today. they had a signing at a local metal record store here in Vancouver before their show later on in the evening. it was a pretty cool affair, i'd say there were about 20-30 people there to get stuff signed and pictures. they signed my copy of Horror Show and I got a few pictures with them. they were generally a cool group of guys, especially Jon.
just wanted to know if anybody else has had a chance to meet a band that's quite a bit bigger in popularity among a certain crowd. i personally thought it was cool a metal juggernaut some as themselves took time out to do this, and they said they were trying to do it as much as they could on tour.
any stories?
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
true story: i met dave mustaine and asked him if he still went skydiving with marty friedman, i also asked him if he would ever play high speed dirt live, he told me to **** off
I listen to smaller bands, so I tend to get a lot more personal meetings and discussions with them, or have them stay at my house while on tour.
Jon Schaffer is a steaming pile of
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I've met loads of musicians I look up to. It's one of the benefits of liking lesser-known bands.

The coolest ones I've met so far are:
Dragonforce
Protest the Hero
Scale the Summit
The Human Abstract
Born of Osiris
Tosin Abasi
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Feb 15, 2012,
Quote by dazed60
inb4 john is a douche bag

he was okay to me. asked me what I do for a living, if i'm from the city, which albums i have, etc.
they were all pretty cool, and it was cool meeting their new vocalist, Stu, who's from the city too

Kiros watched one of my volleyball games
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
Quote by xX.SirenSong.Xx

he was okay to me. asked me what I do for a living, if i'm from the city, which albums i have, etc.
they were all pretty cool, and it was cool meeting their new vocalist, Stu, who's from the city too

They got a pool table too!
I have never seen a live band before unfortunately
but i will be seeing Lamb of god live in anchorage next moth and hope i can get some pics with them, my life would be complete.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Meeting bands is awesome.

So far, I've met the guitarists from Obscura, all of Last Chance to Reason, and Chris Letchford from Scale the Summit.

Is he a cool dude?
Quote by Br@ndNew
They got a pool table too!

i didn't even realize i was rhyming that whole time -_-

I've met Matthew Good, Dallas Taylor, Chad Huff, Sam Totman, Fred Leclaire, Michael Angelo Batio, Alexi Laiho, Tommy Chong.

Climbed a mountain w/ matt good and a friend of his (was my 'big brother'). Had a few drinks with Sam and Fred b4 the show, smoked a few cigs w/ Dallas and Chad. (smoked a joint with another guitarist in the band I dont recall)
Quote by xX.SirenSong.Xx
i didn't even realize i was rhyming that whole time -_-

yeah just a little garth algar quote!
Johan Hegg of Amon Amarth is an intimidating fella.

Very nice gentleman though, so are the rest of the band members. Too bad their music sounds very recycled of late.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by StewieSwan
I've met loads of musicians I look up to. It's one of the benefits of liking lesser-known bands.

The coolest ones I've met so far are:
Dragonforce
Protest the Hero
Scale the Summit
The Human Abstract
Born of Osiris
Tosin Abasi

You... like Dragonforce?

Blegch.
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
Quote by Jettski1
You... like Dragonforce?

Blegch.

Dragonforce is awesome. Suck my fat, fucking dick.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
Dragonforce is awesome. Suck my fat, fucking dick.

It really is fat...

...think like a cheese wheel...
@Stu: pics or... you know...

>_>
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by MaddMann274
I shook hands with Mikael Akerfeldt at the airport once.

who's that?

I do go to a lot of concerts but unfortunately I've only ever stayed around after the show twice to meet a band. The first time was with Gojira, and after an hour of waiting in the cold with no sign of them coming out anytime soon I had to leave. The second time was more successful as I got to meet both Between the Buried and Me and Tosin Abasi after their show in Houston.

Got Tosin to sign my ticket stub as I didn't have any of his work in physical form with me, and got all of BtBaM to sign my brother's The Great Misdirect vinyl record. They were all really cool dudes who were nice enough to take a minute to sign peoples stuff and chat even though it was cold as hell out there.

Sadly I'll probably never get to meet some musicians I would really love to like John Frusciante and of course, the dead ones haha
Ive met Gene simmons, Black Label Society
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/123mac123/DSCN0855.jpg

The Offspring
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/123mac123/DSCN2253.jpg

AC/DC
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/123mac123/DSCN2309.jpg

ZZ TOP
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/123mac123/4.jpg
my picture with billy gibbons didnt get dscrewed up like this one

Aerosmith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyN2NfNoXXQ Im filming

Neil young,Slash

guys from Lamb of god and Children of Bodom
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/123mac123/DSCN0865.jpg

I think thats about everyone I met so far, All my meetings were planned because I akways wanted to meet some of my favorite musicans, I decided that if they were going to be in my town Id have to seize an oppurtunity to meet them, Ive failed to meet ozzy osbourne Axl Rose and Bon Jovi. I met Aerosmith And AC/DC at the fanciest hotel in my city, and everyone else on thier way into the venue, cept LOG and COB and gene simmons, those were autograph signings.
Last edited by monsterthrottle at Feb 15, 2012,
i have only met smaller punk punk and indie bands. they were always very cool... had some beer with a band called "Midnight smokin drive" here in Korea, very cool people and i really like their music. Met the singer from Non-point, the bass player from 5678's but that is about it. i do like the smaller indie shows for that reason, you can hang out and meet just about any of the musicians and it is usually a very cool experience.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
i met john frusciante before, he's a really cool guy. i went to his place in LA just to see what would happen and he let me in and we talked about music and even got to jam with him, it was amazing.

then i woke up
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i met john frusciante before, he's a really cool guy. i went to his place in LA just to see what would happen and he let me in and we talked about music and even got to jam with him, it was amazing.

then i woke up

ololol

I meet a lot of great musicians on a regular basis when they visit to give guest lectures and seminars at school. I've talked to some game composers from AAA games like BioShock, Dead Space, Mass Effect, God of War, Assassin's Creed, etc and kept in touch with them. Also lots of great performers...can't even remember them all. They're all people who aren't really famous but are pretty important in the industry, which is all that matters to me.

Oh and last month, Bruce Springsteen came by because his nephew was auditioning, and he was just sitting in the recital hall waiting like every other parent. I was working at the auditions and passed by him and just waved hello.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I talked to John Paul Jones after a Seasick Steve concert
I'm one of a kind

I'm designer!

never again will I repeat myself
enough is never enough
never again will I repeat myself

This past fall I spotted some Opeth members chowing down at a curb-side restaurant 2 hours before their gig which was about a block away. Didn't want to bug them though. Sounds creepy but uh, I spotted them from my friends apartment window lol.

Katatonia was mingling at the bar in the venue after that show. Nobody really knew them though. Lots of bands that play smaller 100-300 ppl venues are always hangin out after gigs.

Dunno, I don't rly get star struck. I've met more famous musicians in the past.
I met Dave Mustaine and Dave Ellefson after their Hollywood Palladium show during the whole Rust In Piece thing... Jr was way cool, but Mustaine made sure there weren't any pictures ugh

I met Eric Peterson at a Dean guitars thing that a cool guitar shop held before a Megadeth/Slayer/Testament show... Eric was a real cool guy, I had a battle jacket on and he looked all over it for me and said "No ****ing Testament patch?" turned me around and proceeded to draw the band logo on my back and signed it along with a few other items

I met Shannon and Nick Simmons (Gene Simmons' wife/son) on a flight to Vancouver

I met Kerry King before that Megadeth show in Hollywood, he was in a bar across the street where we were standing in line and he poked his head out and my friend noticed him first and we talked and tried to find away to sneak him across the street to where he can get into the venue without being noticed by all the thrash metal fans

I met the old singer from Escape the Fate (can't remember name) my friend's band opened for them here in Salt Lake and I helped him set up and thus got to meet the other bands

Met David Lee Roth at a coffee shop in New York... Dude's brilliantly insane
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
My wife's a huge Mudvayne fan, and we met them a few years back. Their bass player was really cool but the rest of them were kinda douchey. I also met Pepper Keenan before a Down concert. He was cool as hell and real down (no pun intended lol) to earth. We talked for a good 20 minutes and he even invited me over to a bar that was just across the street, but my brother was with me and he was underage at the time. I should've ditched the little bastard and gone though lol
My old band Acrasia played with The Human Abstract, Scale the Summit, Animals as Leaders, Intronaut, Evan Brewer, Last Chance to Reason, Diecast, This or the Apocalypse, Letlive, and Dead Letter Circus, and I've gotten a chance to meet/hang out with all of them. Most were pretty chill guys, especially Javier from AAL, Chris from StS, and Sacha from Intronaut, who I ended up talking to for like six hours about random stuff.

Aside from them, I've met:
John McLaughlin
Victor Wooten
Joe Satriani
All of BTBAM (And I know Dan Briggs fairly well, he used to come see Acrasia!)
All of Tesseract
All of Protest the Hero
All of Mastodon
All of Cynic

I think that's everyone, though I might be forgetting some.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Met the guys from Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Yashin, met Tommy Emmanuel twice, shook BB King's hand, was in a band with Billy Bragg's son, so I saw Billy regularly. I'm sure there's more but I can't think right now.
Page 1 of 2