I'm assuming that it's okay to post this here since the drum forum is for, well you know, real drummers. I was wondering what a decent drum program is for the computer. I don't know much about drum programs, but I'm looking for something that's quite diverse that I can use for everything from my bluesier stuff to my more harder rock stuff. Any advice would be great.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Toontrack Drumkit From Hell!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Check your local communtiy centre, they usually run some good programs with experienced instructors there.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by Talk Box
Check your local communtiy centre, they usually run some good programs with experienced instructors there.

I usually just program drums with FL Studio if I'm writing non-electronic stuff. Works quite well, and you have total freedom. I heard Drumkit From Hell is pretty decent too. Never used it myself, though.
If you have the money Native Instruments Battery 3 is the best imho.

or

Rent some studio time and go in with a drumset (you can rent) and hit each piece in different ways to get different velocities and sample from that. Load into sampler and boom there you go.
Last edited by FireHawk at Feb 15, 2012,
Superior Drummer 2.

It's made by the same people as Drumkit from Hell, but renders that obsolete.

Definitely diverse, also. I mainly use it for metal, but love its softer, roomier, more dynamic sounds.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 15, 2012,
Strike Is amazing. cant get any better then that.

But unfortunately you do need Pro Tools
BFD and BFD 2 with FXpansion.. They're quite expensive but I know you know where to get it..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
mDrummer is nice if you don't mind getting down and dirty with a bit of EQ and compression.

It also has a free version, if you are poor in money but rich in conscience like I am.
🙈 🙉 🙊
theres a thread full of them stickies int the R&R forum

/thread
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Superior Drummer 2.0 and the other various Toontrack expansions. I use them and couldn't be happier!
There's also Steven Slate 4.0 and Addictive Drums, but I haven't tried either of those for myself
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

DREAM THEATER

THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT

SEVENTH WONDER

MUSICMAN BONGO 6HH
EBS REIDMAR

YOUTUBE
TWITTER
TUMBLR