http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPETOynoev0

So basically, Chicago was running a contest where they ask kids to create an picture that will go onto a vehicle sticker. This teenager won, but apparently there were "gang signs" on the drawing. The hands were just cupped. And apparently that's a gang sign. So they revoked the teen's entry as winner, and may or may not revoke his $1000 saving bond that he won.

So is it just me, or is Chicago really ****ing stupid?

This ruined my entire day and pissed me off to know end.

I'm calling Chicago tomorrow to complain and demand they apologize to the kid. They don't have to give his entry the winning slot or anything, but at least formally apologize.

Discuss.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
At first I was like right when they cut to the kid, but within five seconds I was like . Fuck you windy city.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
CM Punk should do something about this.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
saw this on another site and they put up a link to the kid's FB and he has pics of him smoking weed and actually throwing up gang signs lol
Quote by darkstar2466
At first I was like right when they cut to the kid, but within five seconds I was like . Fuck you windy city.

Same thing sort of happened to me. Something really hit me though. It really bothered me to see him in so much distress over that.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Chicago is just mad that there's always shitty weather.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Quote by LU!5
saw this on another site and they put up a link to the kid's FB and he has pics of him smoking weed and actually throwing up gang signs lol

Judging his reaction, I highly doubt this unless he's an amazing actor. Also, without source I'm claiming this as complete bullshit.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
Same thing sort of happened to me. Something really hit me though. It really bothered me to see him in so much distress over that.

Those weren't "boo-hoo I didn't win the contest" tears. They were "this is grave injustice and you know it" tears. Or he could be faking it.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by skylerjames13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPETOynoev0

So basically, Chicago was running a contest where they ask kids to create an picture that will go onto a vehicle sticker. This teenager won, but apparently there were "gang signs" on the drawing. The hands were just cupped. And apparently that's a gang sign. So they revoked the teen's entry as winner, and may or may not revoke his $1000 saving bond that he won.

So is it just me, or is Chicago really ****ing stupid?

This ruined my entire day and pissed me off to know end.

I'm calling Chicago tomorrow to complain and demand they apologize to the kid. They don't have to give his entry the winning slot or anything, but at least formally apologize.

Discuss.

pissed me off to know end.

to know end.

know.

0.o
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
to anyone making fun of the kid crying, take into account there was probably a lot of media intimidation. when I was about 12 there was this mustard gas scare in our neighborhood and we were quarantined by the military (neighborhood was a bombing range for years before development). long story short, the local news interviewed everyone in the area including my single elderly neighbor. she was in good spirits for the interview and they gradually tore her down telling her she'd get such and such problems and would die and the kids in the neighborhood would too, etc etc until she started sobbing. on the new that night they just showed the clip of her crying and saying like one thing. they're pretty scummy.
#DTWD
Quote by darkstar2466
Those weren't "boo-hoo I didn't win the contest" tears. They were "this is grave injustice and you know it" tears. Or he could be faking it.

Exactly, that's why it really hit me. I highly doubt he's faking it. He seemed very genuine.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by Controlpanel
0.o

Oh no, I made a mistake while I'm insanely pissed off right now at this shit city.

/rantingjustignorethispost
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
That Chicago is what we call a DICK MOVE

and I can't think of any reason for it unless the republican party has some sort of minimum shittiness quota you have to meet.

Which would make a lot of sense really give that Fox News still exists

edit:
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Chicago is just mad that there's always shitty weather.

also this
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by skylerjames13
Oh no, I made a mistake while I'm insanely pissed off right now at this shit city.

/rantingjustignorethispost

calm down bro...was a joke...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by LU!5

May be true, but I went on Chicago's website and they issued a few reports regarding this event, and they said that though he did have troubles during his youth, he's trying to turn his life around.

I mean, look at the artistic talent put into that drawing. All that to promote gang signs? I don't think so.

I still think it's bullshit that he was trying to promote it.

It may have come off that I'm pissed off at you, but I'm not

Quote by Controlpanel
calm down bro...was a joke...

I know, that's why I included the /

I'm just really pissed of about this right now.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
May be true, but I went on Chicago's website and they issued a few reports regarding this event, and they said that though he did have troubles during his youth, he's trying to turn his life around.

I mean, look at the artistic talent put into that drawing. All that to promote gang signs? I don't think so.

I still think it's bullshit that he was trying to promote it.

It may have come off that I'm pissed off at you, but I'm not

I know, that's why I included the /

I'm just really pissed of about this right now.

haha no worries, man. it's all good.
Quote by skylerjames13

I think that's the worst part. this at-risk youth shows promise in excelling in something productive like his art. and instead of embracing a troubled kid finding a positive outlet they basically crush his hope of ever overcoming his circumstances/past by condemning his work for that reason (presumably). there's no quicker way to perpetuate that lifestyle than to take someones hope and self-esteem away.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
I think that's the worst part. this at-risk youth shows promise in excelling in something productive like his art. and instead of embracing a troubled kid finding a positive outlet they basically crush his hope of ever overcoming his circumstances/past by condemning his work for that reason (presumably). there's no quicker way to perpetuate that lifestyle than to take someones hope and self-esteem away.

Exfuckingactly.

Art is such a good way to keep him out of trouble and such. But taking away his chance of putting his artwork out there for everyone? Really? He put so much effort into that, and it was a fucking damn well piece of art too.

Fuck I'm so pissed off.

Damnit.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
I feel so bad for that kid, I couldn't even watch the whole thing, seeing him cry like that
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I knew there was a reason I never liked Chicago.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana

poor kid.

however, i have to say that he totally fit the stereotype of somebody who would know something about gangs. not that he does, but he just fits that stereotype
Last edited by ironman1478 at Feb 15, 2012,
Absolutely disgusting.

“For me, as the clerk, it’s not an issue of the individual at all, frankly,” Mendoza said. “It’s an issue of the perception that’s now out in the city of Chicago and, frankly, nationally, that we have a city sticker that some experts believe may provide symbolism related to gangs.”

So, now, the 'perception' of Chicago that everyone around the world has is that it is being run by a bunch of douchbags.

This is completely stupid, the kid has just depicted open hands in a fairly traditional stylised manner.

DaVinci, among many other famous artists, often depicted hands in a very similar manner and the Art Institute of Chicago must surely have several paintings by famous artists that have hands depicted in a similar manner, should they all now be removed?