Hi there!

My English is not so good so I couldn't find the correct words to search the forum for my question. Please forgive.

I'm a newbie and a lefty. So I bought a GRG170DXL approx 2 months ago. This is my first guitar so I'm fussing (fuss? i hope this is the correct word).

There was an annoying string buzz on the 6th (low E) and 5th (A) strings. I've read a lot of articles about neck warping, string action, truss rod etc. and decided to measure the key values on my guitar. My guitar's user manual says:
About intonation: For all strings, 0th fret tone, 12th fret tone and 12th fret harmonics must be exactly the same.
About action: Distance between 14th fret, must be 1.7mm for 1st and 2.3mm for 6th string.
About neck bow: Distance between 8th fret and for all strings must be 0.4mm while pushing down 1st and 24th frets.

Intonation is always OK. I measured all the the other values last night with a caliper. Action was OK for 1st but not for 6th string (It was 1.7mm too). So, I adjusted string height via allen screws by loosening on the bridge. Tross rod was not OK so I loosened my neck a bit via it's allen screw.

Now all the values are matched and there's a little bit string buzz. It's now acceptable I think but it was a lot annoying before. Also, my neck does not seem twisted or something like that. But I saw that there're 4 screws backside of the gitar at neck joint. They seems strange to me. I cannot describe them with words, so I attached a drawing.
NOTE: I don't know that screws are loosened or not. Also, I couldn't remember how they (and their angle) were before adjustments.

The question is this: Are that screws a warning about neck warping? Or do they tell us that neck will be warped soon?

Sorry for the long post, but I cannot describe that otherwise.

Thanks in advance.
-R
Attachments:
screws.JPG
Last edited by programci_84 at Feb 15, 2012,
those screws are holding the neck to the guitar to dont mess with them especially with the strings on

and by mess with them i mean loosen them you can damage the necl like that but if they arent tight(if they are loose) they should be tightened

i hope this was easy to understand and good luck
Last edited by supersac at Feb 15, 2012,
It could be possible that the screws ln the bass side have loosened up a little bit causong the neck to not sit properly in the neck joint. If that was my guitar, I would very carefully without much force at all try to tighten the screws on the bass side to see if they are loose.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300