So yesterday I just discovered Myrath, who I would describe as a Symphony X influenced Oriental metal band, and I'm in love. I've also listened to Shpongle and really enjoy what they do. So, does anyone have any recommendations based on these bands? What about straight-up Eastern style music? I really dig this sound.

Thanks
For oriental you might want to try out Yoshida Kyoudai (Yoshida Brothers). They incorporate shamisen (traditional Japanese string instruments) with modern instruments, makes for a pretty cool sound imo.
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Theres a lot of cool stuff out there. I discovered an iranian psychedelic band called kourosh from pre revolution iran, galatic caravan is cool as well. Listen to pandora an you'll find lot of stuff youll dig.
Last edited by AlanD at Feb 15, 2012,
I love this album by a jazz sax player named Yuseef Lateef called "Eastern Sounds". There's also Dhafer Youssef, an oud player. Anouar Brahem, too.