Im looking to get some really light gauge strings but im not sure which make to go for? Can any recommend any to me? I live in the UK as well, so ones that are easily available here preferably. Thanks
I want to play bluesy kind of rock and i haven't been playing long. I've liked playing with lighter gauge strings because I find it much easier for bending and playing vibrato. I dont know whether I need certain types of strings for playing certain genres or what ever, but any advice would be awesome!
So presumably you want something more mellow sounding rather than Rotos or something? What's the bass?
Just a squier p-bass at the minute. My first bass, looking to get a new one when I can afford it though
How light are we talking here?

this light? http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=121

or, say, this light? http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=128

I'm not particularily recommendind D'addarios (I've never tried them for bass but that's all I use for guitar), I'm just using them because I knew they went down that far.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
well at the minute I use ernie ball super slinkys which are 45 65 80 100. Is this already too light for what I want to play or would it be ok for me to go lighter? and would I want heavier gauge strings if i were to play grungey kind of stuff?
You can go as light as you want, your sound will just get slightly looser .
To be honest, I'd doubt there's any readily made bass string that would be too loose in E standard.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Lighter gauge doesn't mean less tension. There's a lot more to it than that.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Stadium Elites have a super light gauge I believe, 35 - 95. I used to use them on my Ibby--you could bend those strings to tomorrow and back.
My favorite for "Old School" blues and rock are GHS M3050 Flatwounds (medium gauge 45 65 85 105) on my P-Bass and M3025 (light gauge 45 60 75 95) on my Ibanez SR400.
No string, bass, or amp defines a genre. skinny strings don't make a blues bass, and thick strings don't make heavy metal even if there is more metal involved.

100 is pretty standard for a long scale in standard, you might find 90-95 but the difference is very minimal and unless your doing extreme bends constantly 100's aren't that hard to bend anyway.

since strings are a taste thing it's hard to say, but I'd suggest getting a cheap pack of flats and rounds and trying them both, you can swap them out once cut appropriately and you'd get better experience than buying someones suggested string at $37 and hating them.