Page 1 of 4
I was on the train and it stopped for about 15-20 minutes. I was wondering what was up because it wasn't that close to a station. Plus, there were no trains going by on the tracks adjacent to us.
Eventually the train started up again. I was looking out my window and saw that someone must have commited suicide by putting their head on the line. The body was fine but the head was nowhere in sight.
I whinced and reeled back in a 'what the ****?!' response

I'm kind of unsure if it was some kind of joke being played, but it'd be a pretty elaborate joke to go to the length of making a life-like body and clothing it, then putting it on the tracks.

Tl;dr: Has anybody ever seen a dead body before? How did you react when you saw it?

Kind of a morbid subject, but it was kind of a weird experience.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Was probably a joke. If the train only stopped for 15-20 minutes and no additional vehicles for retrieving the body was called or anything it was either a joke or the people dealing with the situation in the train were heartless bastards, like giraffes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Never seen a dead body

Saying that I haven't been down in the basement to check on them for a while.

Could be my lucky day
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Wait... wasn't there blood near the tracks? If not; it was not a real person.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kensai
Was probably a joke. If the train only stopped for 15-20 minutes and no additional vehicles for retrieving the body was called or anything it was either a joke or the people dealing with the situation in the train were heartless bastards, like giraffes.

it was creatures "Giraffes are heartless creatures"

Though I like both sayings
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by stealstrings
I've seen dead animals, do they count?

you mean french people? well technically they are people.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Neo Evil11
Wait... wasn't there blood near the tracks? If not; it was not a real person.

A bit. But I was suspiscious because there was less than I thought there'd be. Unless the head was cut in a way that caused the 'stump' to come against the tracks, stopping the blood from coming out as much.

I didn't really see it for that long, but it would be likely that it was a joke.
I just think it's pretty weird to go through all of that trouble just to troll a train track

Also, dead animals do not count. I saw a dead rat yesterday, it was flattened on the road and looked like a small section of fur carpet had been installed on the tarmac
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
It was real. You're probably just trying to reason with yourself.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Crazyedd123
A bit. But I was suspiscious because there was less than I thought there'd be. Unless the head was cut in a way that caused the 'stump' to come against the tracks, stopping the blood from coming out as much.

I didn't really see it for that long, but it would be likely that it was a joke.
I just think it's pretty weird to go through all of that trouble just to troll a train track

Less than you'd think? What does that mean? 1 litre instead of 2?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Unlikely it was real, a person tends to splatter in such situations. If there was nothing like that, I doubt it was real.

A grown man has 5-6 litres of blood in them, to expect at least half of it on the tracks is not unrealistic, since the train "cut" off major arteries. I think you can deem the blood "not enough" based on just simple physiology.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Last edited by Blargaha at Feb 15, 2012,
Probably not real I guess. I don't really understand why someone would pull a joke like that then

The only other times I saw a dead body were at a funeral (open casket) and in Brazil where there was a car accident.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Was the head cleanly cut off?
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Quote by Blargaha
Was the head cleanly cut off?

Ye.

I'm starting to believe it was a fake, which is reassuring in some ways and disconcerting in others.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by slash_GNR666

it was creatures "Giraffes are heartless creatures"

Though I like both sayings

Well thanks for the correction

Quote by Crazyedd123
Ye.

I'm starting to believe it was a fake, which is reassuring in some ways and disconcerting in others.

I've already told you why it's a fake, you slow oaf.
Quote by Kensai
I've already told you why it's a fake, you slow oaf.

What's the point in actually pulling jokes like that?

Surely, after they had finished putting the clothes on the fake body they would have thought 'Wow, you know, this is kind of messed up.'
It's a mad world we live in
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Yeah, even when decapitation was all the rage as capital punishment, the executioner couldn't cut the doomed's head cleanly off, and he had a blade!
Train weels are awfully blunt, they are more crushing than severing, and I'll leave the imagening to the rest of you. Human bones has a higher durability than both copper and steel, but if you out a penny on the tracks, does it get cleft?

Very disturbing indeed, they could have seriously frightened someone.
Were there no police/ambulances there?

Why would you think it was real if there were no emergency services around?
Quote by sam b
Were there no police/ambulances there?

Why would you think it was real if there were no emergency services around?

May have been recent?
I'll just say that my mind was in shock

But seriously, it's kind of a weird prank. I don't really know what kind of satisfaction someone could get from something like that.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123
May have been recent?
I'll just say that my mind was in shock

But seriously, it's kind of a weird prank. I don't really know what kind of satisfaction someone could get from something like that.
Scaring the shit out of you would be some sort of satisfaction.
ggg1 ggg3

Recent? You said the train had stopped for 20 minutes.

Where are you? The middle of the desert?
Being a medical student I dissect cadavers every week and I've seen a post mortem examination. After the first week it's not really an issue being around so many bodies, you get used to it.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Funeral wise yes alot. On the open street though only twice.

Once someone had been shot in the chest and stomach at a night club (didnt witness just saw aftermath) and i saw someone killed in a car crash (actually witnessed the crash) at a bad intersection near my favorite "hood" store. Both times it got to me a little.
Knowledge is power
Quote by sam b
Recent? You said the train had stopped for 20 minutes.

Where are you? The middle of the desert?

It was in the countryside. Basically surrounded by fields.

They stopped any trains from going down that track, so maybe they were treating it as something serious.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by sam b
I've seen two.

No gore as you said though, just.. laid lifeless

What had you done to them sam b?
Also, something in your sig is winding me up and it annoys me that you'll deliberately never change it for that very reason.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Crazyedd123
What's the point in actually pulling jokes like that?

Surely, after they had finished putting the clothes on the fake body they would have thought 'Wow, you know, this is kind of messed up.'
It's a mad world we live in

What's the point in putting your neck on a train track?

People are different. It was a fake. Don't make me tell you again.
Quote by Kensai
What's the point in putting your neck on a train track?

People are different. It was a fake. Don't make me tell you again.

You wouldn't be saying that if it was a giraffe's neck on a train track.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I've seen two.

One was when my grandmother passed away but that wasn't horrible or disturbing or anything as it was fairly peaceful doped up on morphine.

The second was when I went rowing with my girlfriend in a double. The river runs right next to this massive park where the Guy Fawkes celebrations had been the night before. As we were rowing along my blade hit something in the water. I didn't see it but my girlfriend who was bow did. She screamed and panicked and shit. Twas crazy. Had to call the emergency services and stuff whilst comforting her because she was in a state (drowned bodies look rough). That was out first proper date as I had asked her out properly during the fireworks the night before
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Quote by Crazyedd123
Tl;dr: Has anybody ever seen a dead body before? How did you react when you saw it?

Kind of a morbid subject, but it was kind of a weird experience.
A lifeless person is still a person.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Saw a few being pulled out of rubble after the Christchurch earthquake. It sticks with you :/
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by wigzwamz
The second was when I went rowing with my girlfriend in a double. The river runs right next to this massive park where the Guy Fawkes celebrations had been the night before. As we were rowing along my blade hit something in the water. I didn't see it but my girlfriend who was bow did. She screamed and panicked and shit. Twas crazy. Had to call the emergency services and stuff whilst comforting her because she was in a state (drowned bodies look rough). That was out first proper date as I had asked her out properly during the fireworks the night before

How did the person die?
Were they drunk and just ended up drowning?

That must've been pretty weird for your GF. It sounds like that scene from Jaws where they're investigating a sunken boat and the corpse just comes out of nowhere from the darkness of the hull.

If you've watched Jaws, you'll know what I mean.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
I've never personally seen anything gory like what you mentioned. Just some open casket type stuff that wasn't too bad.

Also, when I read that the train stopped for 15 to 20 minutes I couldn't help but think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZ-eKBJ9dw
Policeman said that me going into that house to pet that cat is “breaking and entering”. It’s a free country and if I see a cat I will pet it.
Ive seen 3. My friend, grandmother and...
A guy in calgary that was driving down the highway on his crotch rocket into traffic.
He hit a black escalade head on. (did not witness this)
He had been thrown into the windshield and hit the top where it meets the roof.
His lower body, from about belly down was right next to the bloody escalade.
His upper body was a good 50 meters down the road bloodied and smashed something fierce.
I got a good view as traffic was really slow. Didn't really phase me that much, but I feel so bad for the driver of the suv.
Quote by Crazyedd123
How did the person die?
Were they drunk and just ended up drowning?

That must've been pretty weird for your GF. It sounds like that scene from Jaws where they're investigating a sunken boat and the corpse just comes out of nowhere from the darkness of the hull.

If you've watched Jaws, you'll know what I mean.

Yeah that's what I'd assume. Probably got off his face, went to pee and fell in or something along those lines. Such a tragic and pointless death, not to mention completely avoidable. Yeah she wasn't her normal self for a week or two after.
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Page 1 of 4