Did a quick search to see if anybody else is having this issue or not and came up with no definite answers. My G string is sounding dull on a couple of my guitars, while all the other strings sound just fine. The string seems to not ring as it should and sounds very dull when strummed, the other strings ring out just fine, have tried several solutions, different string gauges, different tunings, slight adjustments to bridge and truss rod, with no results what-so-ever. Anybody had a similar issue or have any fixes for this?
Thanks in advance.
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
Epi Wilshire and Gibi Les Paul. Both have been modded into players guitars, Current tunings are C Standard and Drop C respectively, both have slightly heavier gauge strings. If any of that helps at all.
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
I have the exact same problem on my Epi LP 100. The G just sounds different and rings differently to the others. I'm hoping my new Ace Frehley Budokan that I'm getting in the next month or so won't also have this problem. Here's a thread I posted last week...Might be some useful info in there from the other guys on the forum...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517289
I think when you get to that area of C standard and drop C/B, your getting into territory where unwound g strings has less tension than their wound counterparts. and thicker unwound strings just start to sound a bit like a banjo or a uke when you get to 11s/12s in C. What i usually do is use a wound G if i'm tuning that low, it intonates better, is much more stable in tune, and tonally sounds much nicer. Doesn't lose as much tension too.

It might also have something to do with your nut spacing. If you lubricate the nut using some graphite or pencil shavings and it can help temporarily with intonation. But in my experience, i always used wound g strings if i'm tuning lower.
Thanks guys for the input. @Glenn Guitar, I had a hunch that i might have had something to do with the strings being unwound. I have a Baritone with the G string wound and it doesn't have this issue what-so-ever. Again thanks for the input, I will be sure to try this fix soon. I'm kind of glad that the solution is possibly this simple, the only other common denominator is the bridge on both of these guitars. They both have babicz full contact hardware bridges on them, which produce massive sustain and are extremely comfortable. I was crossing my fingers that it would be simpler than changing the bridge out. Again thanks for the input.
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Just got it fixed! the Wound G was the solution, thing rings out beautifully and almost rattles out of my hands with ungodly sustain, just like it should! Thanks again for the help guys!
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Dot Deluxe