Hey guys. I'm getting back into playing and would like to record some of my stuff at home on my PC. I'm looking to get a Shure mic since everyone and their mom recommends it for it's versatility, but I'm looking for a preamp. I have an L R Baggs Element in one of my guitars and like the sound of it more than the Fishman in my other. So I'm considering the L R Baggs Para DI. Any experience with this?

Thanks.
what
What kind of price range are you looking to keep it in for mics? If you're looking at an sm57 for vocals and acoustic, don't bother. There are nice dynamic mics for vocals, sm7b, etc., but not in the ~100 range. If you want a bright sounding mic, look at condensors. Any condensor in the ~100 price range isn't going to be very good though. An MXL R40 is a nice sounding mic, I have a pair and they work great for overheads and kick outs. They are warm sounding mics, but that's to be expected with ribbon mics. You just have to be careful with them and make sure to use pop filters when doing any loud direct micing.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/mxl-r40-ribbon-microphone
Quote by rokket2005
What kind of price range are you looking to keep it in for mics? If you're looking at an sm57 for vocals and acoustic, don't bother. There are nice dynamic mics for vocals, sm7b, etc., but not in the ~100 range. If you want a bright sounding mic, look at condensors. Any condensor in the ~100 price range isn't going to be very good though. An MXL R40 is a nice sounding mic, I have a pair and they work great for overheads and kick outs. They are warm sounding mics, but that's to be expected with ribbon mics. You just have to be careful with them and make sure to use pop filters when doing any loud direct micing.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/mxl-r40-ribbon-microphone

I just want a decent mic. I'm not all that great, I just want to get my songs recorded and sounding good enough to not be embarassed. I'm more concerned with guitar tone.

Since I have electronics on my guitar, I guess the mic would actually be for vocals mostly anyhow.
what