Poll: Would you willingly enter the event?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you willingly enter the event?
F**k yeah!
41 57%
Hell no!
23 32%
I would, but some obstacles look terrifying :/
8 11%
Voters: 72.
Page 1 of 2
(Searched and found nothing)

Been invited to enter one of the Tough Mudder events by a friend and decided to have a quick look at it as I've never heard of it before. Part of me is very interested, but a couple of the obstacles sound like they'd take quite a bit of courage when in front of you ('Electro-shock therapy - run through a field of live wires, some charged with 10,000 Volts!'), which lead me to think just how many people would be happy to do this and how many wouldn't dream of it.

So, assuming you lived close enough, would you want to enter?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Fuck no.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
no, why exert myself physically when i can just... not?

i'd rather watch Twilight Zone and get drunk.
Let me save everyone the trouble - you're not as tough as your ancestors, who had to do this every day to survive.

Too many people with too much time on their hands are the mother of things like this.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I would do it. I'm not pussy, and you shouldn't be either. You should go for it.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
I would do it. I'm not pussy, and you shouldn't be either. You should go for it.

I may well do, though my main problem at the moment is that the one local to me is rather soon (May) and as I haven't done any proper exercise since the start of the year when I pulled my back (fine now, just been lazy since then really - gotta get back into it) so I'm more likely to see if I can persuade some people from work to do it next year... I know a couple who'd definitely be up for it

Oh, and bizarrely the 'Nettles Nipples' obstacle is the one I'm most concerned about most of it I'd love to do, it's just that and the electric-shock at the end (assuming I'd have enough energy left to care about the shocks at that point) that make me think twice.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Feb 15, 2012,
Sounds much in the line of sticking your head into a gators mouth, or monster truck rallys, so no. No, by a wide margin.
Quote by CoreysMonster
So this is essentially Jackass, but without the cameras?

Or MXC without the fun.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I'd like to do it, but I'd want to go with a team rather alone. And I don't know many that would also do it with me.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CoreysMonster
Takeshi's Castle?

Now THAT'S tough!

And fun.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Fuckers were shooting at me last time I ran through a swamp. I'll pass. I enjoy my boring mundane existence.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Oh yeah, I would. If I had enough time to actually prepare myself for it. Currently I'm unfit as shit, so there would be no point.
But I'd like just to see how far I could actually get, with no real aspiration to finish
The worst part would be the shocks, as enough of them and on wet ground would probably put you down with weakened muscles so you'd just be lying there twitching being shocked.
Hell yeah I would. I can't though, since I'm currently way out of ****ing shape. If I was in decent shape, then hell yeah.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
Looks more like a douche-off. Probably the most homoerotic event on the planet.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kylianvb
What's the point?

Feeling manly and tough for people who have no other way to feel like they're alive.
Don't see the reason for all the hate on this. It's like saying everyone who runs a marathon is a douche and a showoff, even though they may have personal reasons for wanting to do it. Plus it's for a good cause, so I don't see why not.

I don't think it looks particularly tough, but I'd do it if a few buddies wanted to try it. Crawl through some mud and do some monkeybars, whatever.
Last edited by CrossBack7 at Feb 15, 2012,
Yes, it looks very fun, even though it looks like something I'd fail halfway through.
It's advertised to be a lot harder than it actually is. If you are somewhat athletic you can do it with only some trouble. It goes to a good cause and its a fun time with your team mates or friends. Some people enjoy doing things that put their bodies to the limits. Doesn't mean everyone in this is a huge douchebag that just wants to show off.
You can't deny that every team in the video looked like douches.

I'd do it however, but I wouldn't talk to or touch any of the other participants in case douchiness is contangient.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CrossBack7
Don't see the reason for all the hate on this. It's like saying everyone who runs a marathon is a douche and a showoff, even though they may have personal reasons for wanting to do it.

Take a deep breath. You're in a safe place.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Meh, I've thought about it but it looks too much of bro/douche thing to me. Might do it if I have a group of friends to do it with, maybe.
Did a hell run last year which is the same distance but no electric shocks and shit just the mud and chest high bogs.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Quote by CrossBack7
Don't see the reason for all the hate on this. It's like saying everyone who runs a marathon is a douche and a showoff, even though they may have personal reasons for wanting to do it. Plus it's for a good cause, so I don't see why not.

I don't think it looks particularly tough, but I'd do it if a few buddies wanted to try it. Crawl through some mud and do some monkeybars, whatever.

It's because of the douchey "OH MAN toughest shit on EARTH! Yeah fire, guns, military, babes! EXPLOSIONS!! SO FUCKING TOUGH MAN!" way it's presented.
I've never seen a marathon presented in a way anwhere NEAR this macho.
I saw some women competing therefore I expect it's very easy
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
What the **** is a mudder?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by strat0blaster
Let me save everyone the trouble - you're not as tough as your ancestors, who had to do this every day to survive.

Too many people with too much time on their hands are the mother of things like this.

lol all of this.
Page 1 of 2