No, he just practiced for 13 years the same thing, over again again and again ?

The only answer is : practice.
"Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur" Nietzsche
I never really got the point of playing anywhere near that fast. Beyond a certain point it just seems to stop being music to me
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
He should have to do it without distortion or overdrive of any kind.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
He should have to do it without distortion or overdrive of any kind.

I agree. At those speeds, that distortion could mask a lot of mistakes. It's hard, if not impossible to tell if he is playing it cleanly.
Quote by Syndromed
No, he just practiced for 13 years the same thing, over again again and again ?

The only answer is : practice.
Disagree. Of course he have practiced countless of hours, but my point was that very few can reach 600 bpm without being "gifted".
Quote by Indylawguitar
I agree. At those speeds, that distortion could mask a lot of mistakes. It's hard, if not impossible to tell if he is playing it cleanly.
True! But it is still FAST.
Quote by Indylawguitar

If I'm not mistaken, it's taped and to be counted as a record the tape is slowed down to make sure he played it accurately.
Quote by Metal-pro
Disagree. Of course he have practiced countless of hours, but my point was that very few can reach 600 bpm without being "gifted".

I didn't say that "he was born with the a talent of fast playing" but just that he practiced a lot ^^
"Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur" Nietzsche
Quote by Metal-pro
True! But it is still FAST.

Oh, I totally agree, super fast. And I am not saying that he isn't playing it cleanly, just that it is very hard to tell if he is.

If they do slow it down to check accuracy as the other poster mentioned, then that is good. But, I still don't know why they don't use a clean tone to begin with to make the accuracy easier to check.
Last edited by Indylawguitar at Feb 15, 2012,
Quote by Metal-pro

How is it possible? Is he God or something? :s

Well, i don't believe in god. But either way, no.

I don't get the thing with this high tempo stuff though. Any music above like 200bpm sixteenth notes is too fast imo. (around 200, not sure what the actual number of wich i dislike fast music at. But you get the point, fast= good. Too fast = rubbish. Thats my opinion)
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
The idea of talent is bullshit. There is no guitar-playing gene. You might be slightly faster to pick up things like hand coordination or various techniques, but there is no genetic reason that someone couldn't reach that speed unless they had some kind of muscular or skeletal condition.
Quote by mrbabo91
Anyone else think this guy wasted his time ?

Like Bon Jovi said "Like Frankie said I did it my way" It's his life for all we know he didn't even put that much work into it.

Too people saying stuff like "It's too fast" EH YA THINK!!! What the hell were you expecting when you saw "600 BPM" a slow as hell solo? The guy is trying to set the record for fastest playing not "most musically amazing thing ever".

Some people...

Finally the 750 BPM video that was posted. Wtf at using video editing software to put a blatantly fake clock on the TV. As though we don't have the technology to do that. It makes the video less credible to me even though he probably is playing that fast.
Last edited by MegadethFan18 at Feb 15, 2012,
That clock was really, really fake looking, but I stopped caring about speed records a long time ago. Once you start getting past 14 or so notes per second, all semblance of melody is lost on most people. I can play 12 notes per second cleanly enough, but I rarely play straight sixteenth notes at that speed. It's kind of like having 24 frets on my guitar - I have 'em so I can hit those notes if I need, but I don't end up hitting that fret in every single song.
Quote by MegadethFan18
Like Bon Jovi said "Like Frankie said I did it my way" It's his life for all we know he didn't even put that much work into it.

Too people saying stuff like "It's too fast" EH YA THINK!!! What the hell were you expecting when you saw "600 BPM" a slow as hell solo? The guy is trying to set the record for fastest playing not "most musically amazing thing ever".

Some people...

Finally the 750 BPM video that was posted. Wtf at using video editing software to put a blatantly fake clock on the TV. As though we don't have the technology to do that. It makes the video less credible to me even though he probably is playing that fast.
Well spoken.

And thank you for all the response UGs!
Who gives a shit how fast someone can play the guitar?

It's a musical instrument - beyond a certain speed all you're creating is shitty noise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com