Page 1 of 6
random thread idea
i just finished listening to mastodons cracked the sky. i can see how this could be your favourite album. im gonna put it on my brothers iPod, because im sure hed love it. personally i give it an 8/10.

iv been trying to get into more prog metal lately.

i am as of now listening to fortress by protest the hero

so, what are you guys trying to get into lately?
I've fallen for 80's glam insanely hard... My iPod used to full of thrash bands now only a couple remain and it's mainly glam stuff... I'm also getting into some pop like She & Him, featuring the love of my life
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Lot of prog stuff.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

I've been forcing myself to like BTBAM but it's not working. The vocals are pure shit. It's a shame because the guitar work is amazing. The vocals prevent me from becoming a fan.
Black Label Society, pretty sweet...
Guitars:

Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster

Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amplifier:

Marshall AVT 100

Effects:

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

EHX Big Muff Pi
Quote by trainspotted11
I've been forcing myself to like BTBAM but it's not working. The vocals are pure shit. It's a shame because the guitar work is amazing. The vocals prevent me from becoming a fan.

That's how I was for the longest time. BTBAM is probably my #2 band now, though.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by trainspotted11

no! dont fall victom to the vocals! you start with the great misdirect, then listen to the new EP, then listen to colours. dont listen to the vocals, btbam are an instrumental band. the vocals are there for atmosphere. they eventually become your favourite part of the band, except for the drums, oh god i fap to this every night
Meshuggah, still can't enjoy their music.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Techno.

No I'm not referring to all electronic music, actual techno. It's the one electronic genre I haven't fully gotten a grasp of.
Traditional Indian music, going pretty well.

(Yes, I'm a pretentious Beatles-influenced twat.)
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by RU Experienced?
I don't force myself to listen to music I don't like when there's thousands of other songs I find enjoyable.

you dont mention i was listening to btbam in your sig, now i just look gay

but i agree, i never force myself to like music, although, i always give everything a chance, and always listen to the full album. if there is at least one track i really dig, i wont fully dismiss them, because sometimes bands change up their style, and i shouldnt form my opinion too early. like protest the hero. fortress > kezia
im diggin this album, but wasnt too fond of the other
i've been trying to get into Tool i like their rockier songs it's just when then get stupidly progressive that i get board, which is a shame cause everyone goes on about how great their albums are when listened to from beginning to end, i've also been listening to a ton of Behemoth but i was into them already.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
Last edited by Sign of War at Feb 15, 2012,
Chopin...

...jkjkjkjkjkjkjk

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
you dont mention i was listening to btbam in your sig, now i just look gay

Don't jump to conclusions now, he could have just been watching.
For some reason I think I would love Colors by BTBAM (I love the first track, and Sun of Nothing, but mostly because of the clean parts), but the vocals are really not my thing. I like heavy music but at the moment it's just a bit too much I think. Maybe I will grow into it.
i've been wanting to listen to jazz more often to get a better understanding of the guitar work in jazz . but for some reason it quickly starts sounding rather dull and boring to me and i put up some heavyer stuff. i feel kind of bad about this , i really want to learn to enjoy jazz more. same for the older blues variants.
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
random thread idea
i just finished listening to mastodons cracked the sky. i can see how this could be your favourite album. im gonna put it on my brothers iPod, because im sure hed love it. personally i give it an 8/10.

CTS is a great album. Though for me it all kinda blurs together. Like I finish it and are all "woah dude...woah" but can't recall any specific parts to it. For me at least.

There isn't really anything I'm attempting to get into right now. I did get Skrillex albums to see what all the fuss is about. This is dubstep? It's more like pop-house music with these weird breakdowns. I'll go back to the dubstep I am already familiar with kthx.
I mean it's not terrible. Just everybody making a fuss about dubstep and I listen to it and it's something completely different than what I expected.
At the moment I am discovering the rest of Darkest Hour's discography. Great stuff.

I think after that I'll head on to check out TGM by BTBAM and finish out with some more Cex.

I also just remembered to look into Avulsed.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
nice tits

xiaoxi what have you been listening to lately?
curious

Shostakovich, Brahms, Mahler, Vaughn Williams.

And you know.....Bach....good ol' Bach lol

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm listening to hip-hop and southern/blues rock, pretty weird combo I know but that's how I roll.
Not even trying but enjoying Syd Barrett immensely. I find his style of writing to influence my own writing strongly. Madcap Laughs is a wonderful album.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I've been getting myself into more pop punk, starting with the more popular stuff like The Story So Far or The Wonder Years. I'm actually liking it a lot now.
Quote by trainspotted11
You'll probably come to like them eventually. Most fans of BTBAM admit they didn't like the vocals at first. By the way, what album are you listening to?
Shoegaze and drone. I regret not listening to my bloody valentine sooner, the name must have stopped me listening to them.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
I am going to sound like a douchy hipster but I don't try to get into music.
If a type of music speaks to me, I will listen to it.
If everybody talks about a band, I will listen to the album. If I don't like it I will still finish the album and come back on it a later time because I find music gets better the more you listen to it.
If the second time I still don't like it then it's official.
Je grattes ma gratte...
Quote by Smeghead64
Shoegaze and drone. I regret not listening to my bloody valentine sooner, the name must have stopped me listening to them.

Listened to Psycho Candy by Jesus & Mary Chain yet?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Listened to Psycho Candy by Jesus & Mary Chain yet?

Yep
Not too big of a fan of that song but the album is so good. Been listening to that and Ringo Deathstarr all week.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
random thread idea

Mastodon is the absolute tits. You should definitely try Leviathan and Blood Mountain (The greatest record of all time), and then work your way into Remission (which is brilliant, but might take a little getting used to if you started on Crack The Skye).

Over the past few months I've really been getting into PJ Harvey. I don't listen to anything else that sounds anything like her, as none of it sounds good to me. But her music is amazing and provides an awesome change of pace to my normal metal routine.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Smeghead64
Yep
Not too big of a fan of that song but the album is so good. Been listening to that and Ringo Deathstarr all week.

Yeah, meant the album. Can't remember the song specifically.