hey there guys
been 2 years since i started playing the electric guitar. I think it's time to change those shity infinity default pickups my ibanez had from when i bought it...
i saw some really nice pickups on the internet... but i really wanted to ask here too for them ..
http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Seymour-Duncan-Invader-Modell-Neck-black-4-phase/art-GIT0001415-001
and also the same one for the neck too ...
i am playing bands like (Avenged Sevenfold,Trivium,Slayer,etc(heavy metal)) are those pickups capable to play at a good measure those bands?
i would like to hear your opinions ... and if u got another pickup in mind that fits my music style i would really like to know it's name..
Thanks!
my gear as of now is
Ibanez Xp300fx
Line 6 Spider IV
Line 6 POD HD 500
Last edited by Ickaz at Feb 15, 2012,
What you really need is a new amp.

Sorry, i just had to say it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What you really need is a new amp.

Sorry, i just had to say it.

bah i don't think so... i am using my pod hd through the cd/mp3 input of the amp so i am just using it as a speaker all the thing is being done by the pod hd.. but that was not my question dude..... stop flaming and trolling..
He's not trolling. Hitting a SS preamp with a super high output pickup isn't usually going to give you better tone - more often, a wall of noise and fizz.
You're also not using the Spider as just a speaker with that setup. You're using the power amp as well, which is a big part of the issue. The speaker on the Spider is pretty bad too so that's also not something to ignore.

It's good advice. Pickups aren't the most cost-effective way to improve your setup right now.
Quote by Ickaz
bah i don't think so... i am using my pod hd through the cd/mp3 input of the amp so i am just using it as a speaker all the thing is being done by the pod hd.. but that was not my question dude..... stop flaming and trolling..

I was serious.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
so what should i do to improve my setup. Or maybe what should i buy.. ?
Quote by Ickaz
so what should i do to improve my setup. Or maybe what should i buy.. ?

Getting a new amp. But you need to know exactly what you want tonally. If you don't know what you want, we can't help you.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Getting a new amp. But you need to know exactly what you want tonally. If you don't know what you want, we can't help you.

what would you suggest so i can go as near as i can to the tone of Trivium it's the only tone i really am in love and i know nothing on how to achieve it...
they constantly change it the last 1 year so i would like to go to something near to this tone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5m6aaciWc4&noredirect=1
Budget?
Quote by TheSennaj
In other words, give us a bit more info... do you have a budget for the new amp? What are you willing to spend, or how much saving are you willing to do in order to achieve the tone/sound you desire? The opinion of most is that a decent tube amp is required for good tone high gain. And a decent tube amp will cost at least about $300.00USD for a small one, and more if you want BIG! Let us know what you can afford, and we can try to steer you in the right direction.
Quote by Ickaz
my budget is like 400 euros...

Go used. You could get a Peavey 6505+ combo but the speakers in it suck.
Quote by TheSennaj
No.
Quote by TheSennaj
The Tube Vypyr would be a lot better than your spider. A lot of people might bash it because it isn't alll tube, just the power amp and a tube in the pre amp, but i've gotten some pretty awesome old Trivium tones from my SS 75 (think ''like light to the flies''). The Rectifier model is probably my favorite for metal.

Now if you want to look all tube on a low budget, you might be able to find a Bugera 6262 or 6260 combo which is pretty much a clone of a Peavey 6505, which is what Trivium has used for several of their albums. Also, idk prices in the UK but you might be able to find a Peavey XXX combo. Great metal amps. But avoid the Marshall MG series. They're hated more than Line 6 Spiders on these forums haha.
guys the thing is i was reading about my guitar's pickups and they suck SERIOUS CRAP so my first thought was that my pickups are the thing that my tone can't go a step further.... are you sure if i buy the vypyr my tone is gonna be really better? ...
I have a Bugera 6260 that i'm selling. Its a great amp for the price.
Quote by TheSennaj
6262 is a pretty good head for the price. Its much like a Peavey 5150 tonally. Cabinet-wise its a matter of personal taste. Vintage 30 Celestian speakers are commonplace with these kinds of amps.
Quote by TheSennaj
ok thanks i am gonna buy this one if it's going to improve my tone! also i have the Pod hd 500 and i have a feeling that it will fail if i connect it with the cab... a friend of mine told me pod hd 500 is a pedal for combo's i don't really believe it but i prefer to hear what you guys say... =/
The HD 500 has no power amp, so it can't power a cab. You need to use it in between your guitar and the amp's input, or in the amp's effects loop if it has one. Don't put anything between your amp and the cab unless it very specifically says you should in the manual.
Quote by Roc8995
The HD 500 has no power amp, so it can't power a cab. You need to use it in between your guitar and the amp's input, or in the amp's effects loop if it has one. Don't put anything between your amp and the cab unless it very specifically says you should in the manual.

i am doing this with me combo amp i have now too .. the thing is i am making tones from my pod hd and using my line 6 spider justt as a speaker(test mode) does this amp have a test mode or something like this? sorry for asking so much but i really am new on this kind of things... =/..
Last edited by Ickaz at Feb 16, 2012,