Right, said I'd get a build thread up for this pedal at the weekend but I was bored and working on the graphics so I thought I'd make an early start.

It's a MosFET based distortion similar to zvex's box of rock (well the distortron part) or mad bean pedal's boomstick (there's actually a few boomstick inspired touches to the schematic). Controls are Volume Pot, labelled "Level", "Bass Cut" 2 position switch, and 2 "Gain" controls each being a 3 position switch for high, mid and lower gain.

The name was my wife's suggestion and being a graphic designer she made me up a decal for the front on the pedal, this box itself will be sprayed white then cleared with satin using Plasti-kote spray enamel.

here's a mock up of the front design, minus the controls, but you can guess where most of them go. The gain switches will be either side of the "Gain" label, and the footswitch will be somewhere roughly between the nun's knees.

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Last edited by GABarrie at Feb 25, 2012,
"Stomp On My Bits" would be an awesome name for a serious treble booster with the switch right on some guys zipper for the decal, if I had any need for a treble boost I'd make one!

Seriously though the graphic is too big to not have a hole through it somewhere and knees were better than her head
Ibanez WD7 Wah
OK, so I put it together, as I spent all the money for finishing supplies on a new pedal I saw a good price for on eBay (EHX Deluxe Memory Boy, tap tempo analog delay - not something I can DIY).

But it was getting late as I was finishing and rushed it a bit so... it doesn't work I think I just missed a ground connection or something but I can't get the guts out with my daughter around so will have to wait until after 7pm tonight for debugging.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Last edited by GABarrie at Feb 19, 2012,
OK, so after a few issues debugged, including a missed cut on the track that had the board input at one end and the board output at the other causing nothing but a reduced volume bypass while the effect was on, all sorted minus wiring up the LED because I was lazy, I'll try get some recording kit and get some samples and pictures will be forthcoming tomorrow when I have better light.

Happy with how it's sounding though, nice and edgy, not sure how well my churchw ill like it, but nevermind
Ibanez WD7 Wah