Hey All,

Jack White is a huge influence of mine and a great player as many of you know. I'm really excited for his new material from Blunderbuss, his first solo album, to come 4/24! I saw the video for "Love Interruption" yesterday and I think it is great. It really shows White's versatility with a more mellow tone than previous works. Check out the video if you haven't seen it yet and let me know what you think!

http://www.vevo.com/watch/jack-white/love-interruption/USSM21200168
yea im pumped
Quote by zmgrinder
Hey All,

Jack White is a huge influence of mine and a great player as many of you know. I'm really excited for his new material from Blunderbuss, his first solo album, to come 4/24! I saw the video for "Love Interruption" yesterday and I think it is great. It really shows White's versatility with a more mellow tone than previous works. Check out the video if you haven't seen it yet and let me know what you think!

http://www.vevo.com/watch/jack-white/love-interruption/USSM21200168
GuitarMoose.com StickyGrip Guitar Picks
Elixir Phosphor Bronze Guitar Strings
Takamine EG523SCB
Michael Kelly Spalted Maple
Blueridge BG 160
Bedell MB 28 G
Bedell TBCE 28 G
I can't fully enjoy it because it reminds me how he's not busy with the Racs.
great song! I cant wait to see Jack White live in June!!!!!
Pretty pumped for his album, it should be brilliant.

But I am hoping for a rather more...guitary sound than the single had.
Brilliant so far. But nothing will ever get the edgy feeling he produced with The White Stripes
I don't think he is going for edgy on this project. He already did that a great number of times with the White Stripes and he did it extremely well. It's time for something different.
I would call this "not edgy". Lyrically 'Love Interuption' hits like a sledgehammer, even within the context of Jack's discography. The other tune they played on SNL didn't really work for me unfortunately and really tempered my enthusiasm about the upcoming album.

It's cool to see Jack kicking around a sorta classic pop songwriting sound (pre-60s) with a lot of soul and blue tradition though, so this could still be exciting.
^about the edgy sound...

I was listening to De Stilj earlier (one of my favourite albums ever). While I absolutely love the raw un-produced guitar, I don't think he should return to that.

Like when the track Icky Thump came out - it was exciting because it was something totally new. (And cos it's fecking awesome.)