Fans of metal and fans of electronic music, does this sound like anything you've listened to before? Its kind of a hard to decribe, but it has elements of metal and electronic music. At around 0:33 is when the song gets really intense and the thundering drums to that part come in pretty soon. Please just tell me if there is any other artists that you know of that do this. I've looked at a lot of electronic metal, and some hardcore dubstep and DnB, but I've found nothing.

Here it is:

http://soundcloud.com/devious-g/killer-bunny-mastered
Mate no offence but that didn't sound good. Like I'm not dissing the actual track itself, but the sound was awful, it needs a much better mixdown.

But anyone there is a lot of aggy electronic music, some which shares characteristics of metal (certainly the feel same). I'll list a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc2XWsCCsJY (Samples snares from metal songs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi48Fg6DtsE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LOJbHd44Bs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8WUWagwMY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZvcnkZip3I

Look up Darkstep, Breakcore and artists similar to those dubstep producers on Last FM and you should find stuff you like. Hope that helps.
Are you by chance just listening on a laptop, because you need some good quality speakers to catch the sub bass. Sounds good through my studio headphones and a lot of people told me that it sounded good, which part of the track was sounding terrible?

BTW Darkstep, Breakcore aren't what I'm going for. I'm going for a fast thundering metal sound with chaotic synths.
Is it your track by any chance?

Anyway I'm no expert, but the mid range is way too high in the mix and because of this it sounds distorted and overrides the drums.

But anyway this isn't the feedback forum so if those songs aren't what you're looking for far enough.
Yeah its my track, but I'm not looking for feedback or any promotion. I was just wondering if this track reminds you of anything you heard before. I'm experimenting with blending metal and electronic music in a new progressive way.
The metal influence is in the distorted/modulated synth that enters at 0:33 and also the wicked quick double kicks at 0:50.

BTW this music is driven by melodic intensity, not drum beats.
those aren't metal characteristics though

you could find the same things in a Skrillex song
Quote by KORRUSK
I'm experimenting with blending metal and electronic music in a new progressive way.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's not
Okay so take away the distortion from Amon Amarth or Behemoth, or whoever you like. Its not going to sound metal is it. BTW double kicks are a characteristic for a lot of metal so I'm not sure what your getting at there. Not sure you understand metal?

And Skrillex? Really? His songs aren't even near the BPM. Sure he uses distortion/modulation, but his melodies do not have a metal approach.

Are you trolling or being honest? Your not really delivering any useful information.
most of your song just has a kick on the four on the floor, which is characteristic of most house/trance/edm

the "double kicks" really aren't metal at all, they just remind me of a drum break sample rather than driving kick rolls.

and yeah, your song is at a pretty relaxed house tempo of about 118 BPM, which Skrillex does in fact have many songs in the relatively same BPM area

and what exemplifies melodies in a "metal approach?" harmonic minor scales? that's really nothing new in a electro house style song

and the vocals at the end were don't really fit at all, sorry
My songs tempo is 175 BPM so you are wrong again, sure the drums were fairly moderate and did not stray in any diverging alternations, but the music is more melody based (as a lot of metal bands are.) I wasn't taking skrillex as an insult, but I don't try to do what he does. I sense that you are either closed minded or perhaps jealous. The vocals were fitting in my opinion as the obsurity and abstract imagery was delivered in an industrial style. Now anything else, because I feel that you are trying to get into to something over your head.
Quote by KORRUSK
My songs tempo is 175 BPM so you are wrong again

actually, your song is really at 117 BPM. No lie
sure the drums were fairly moderate and did not stray in any diverging alternations, but the music is more melody based (as a lot of metal bands are.)

yes, a 2 note phrygian bassline and a 5 note lead melody make an extremely melodically driven piece
I sense that you are either closed minded or perhaps jealous.

The vocals were fitting in my opinion as the obsurity and abstract imagery was delivered in an industrial style

yes, because the line "here I am, the killer b-b-b-bunny" promotes absract thought and conjures obscure imagery
Wow. First I'm not sure why you're flaming me, but in defence I doubt you could right something even half as decent as this. You are trapped by the walls of musical theory and afraid of error of production so you rather just rip on people trying to ask one simple question which you only rationalize to a simple blunt answer, which even then you intend to insult. How can you be so closed minded. You draw conclusions from things you only have little perception of.

Look I don't have a ton of cash to go spend on gear to help my music production. I work with what I have. I've only been producing electronic music for like 5 months. Have you ever even composed music before?
BTW its "Yo I am the killer b-b-b-bunny" and I didn't sample that, I recorded it myself.

Why can't we just be friendly to each other.
Quote by KORRUSK
Wow. First I'm not sure why you're flaming me, but in defence I doubt you could right something even half as decent as this.

let's stop talking about that

You are trapped by the walls of musical theory and afraid of error of production so you rather just rip on people trying to ask one simple question which you only rationalize to a simple blunt answer, which even then you intend to insult. How can you be so closed minded. You draw conclusions from things you only have little perception of.

what does this even mean?

Look I don't have a ton of cash to go spend on gear to help my music production.

I'm not saying you do or have to
I work with what I have. I've only been producing electronic music for like 5 months. Have you ever even composed music before?

why yes, yes I have

I'm not trying to flame you, but some of your statements are so silly I can't help myself

now scamper
Sorry if my statements caused confusion or anger. I was merely defending my track.

Back to what I intended this whole thread to be about:
Does this sound like anything you've listened to before?
Quote by KORRUSK
Sorry if my statements caused confusion or anger. I was merely defending my track.
It's all good man

Back to what I intended this whole thread to be about:
Does this sound like anything you've listened to before?

not to rain on your parade, but yeah, it's really not that original

I do admire your desire to try new things though!
Well I obviously know it has influences from other genres, I'm not going as far as saying I invented Electronic metal because I didn't. I'm still developing my style. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't ripping anyone off.

As for the Skrillex, I don't really do any Glitch stuff. I use hard modulated synths which may sound like the ones he uses, but he wasn't the first person to use them either.