i want to start playing deathcore and I have a Dean Baby V...how low can i tune it and what strings can I use???any other advice would be good except "get a new guitar". THANKS!
Most deathcore bands play in drop A, so that will be difficult because of the short scale on your guitar, but still possible.
these strings are the thickest that i could find without going into baritone strings, but you might want to buy a 7 string set and just leave off the high e string. http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDetail.Page?ActiveID=3769&productid=31
You will most likely have to file the nut down to fit these super heavy string gauges. hope this helps!
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
@14xjake-It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure it will sound so great on my weak guitar
@Daysoftheblue- Will drop B sound any good??
Most of its Drop A. Maybe use some basic theory and an octaver (says the bassist)
Quote by tumacho
dont understand theory and all that stuff.

Which is why you've got to learn it. If you want to become a good guitarist, then theory is going to be very helpful, if not essential.
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
ive been playing for 7 years and i live in another country, that stuff isn't taught over here..where can i learn it?
Quote by jumpaside
Most of its Drop A. Maybe use some basic theory and an octaver (says the bassist)

he could tune to drop d and get this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/morpheus-droptune-octave-guitar-effects-pedal/583554000000000?src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0 and use that to pitch shift down to drop A. but for the money he would have to pay for it, it would probably be better to get a new guitar.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Quote by tumacho
ive been playing for 7 years and i live in another country, that stuff isn't taught over here..where can i learn it?

There are plenty of websites which allow you to learn theory.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=guitar+theory
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
First off, this wouldn't be the right section of this forum for this kind of question.

Second, you can play deathcore in any tuning you want. The Red Chord play one step down (D Standard). Except they know how to write really heavy music.

Heck, just throw on some 12s and tune to drop B. I have no idea what guitar you're talking about, though, so I can't vouch for whether it will actually work or not. It sounds like your guitar is a little on the small side.
Scale length, string gauge and hell, even personal preference all play into this. You can play deathcore in whatever tuning you want. Probably not something like Open D or something, but it's possible. You don't need the tuning to play the genre.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie