Hello,

I have a DropTune pedal and it has that setting where you can pretty much set it an octave lower so it sounds like a bass guitar. Question is, I assume same principle applies where I have to use a bass amp so that this setting won't destroy an electric guitar amp?
Or is this setting not really a true bass sound so the frequencies won't destroy the speaker in a non-bass amplifier?
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
I think you're not supposed to use bass through guitar amps because of frequencies of the pickups. I've been using my Whammy that way for some time and I've never blown my amp up...

Mine certainly doesn't sound as clear, but that could be a combination of the guitar speakers and the weird tracking on newer Whammy pedals

IE: You should be fine
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
I've used octave effects on a regular guitar amp (even dropping it by TWO octaves) and even though it sounded like crap, it worked perfectly fine.
It's not a bass, the output is different so it won't fry your amp but you'll still get a shit sound because your speakers are too small to convey the bass frequencies properly.
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
I had the same concern with my pog2 going 2 octaves lower. It turns out the signal is completely different from that of a bass, so it is supposed to go into a guitar amp. You have nothing to fear.
Alright. Thanks, guys
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah