im in french 2 and ive been assigned a project in which i need to in some way recreate french culture. one of the options was to do something musical. so i picked that but im having a hard time finding french bands that i could use as a project. im a big fan of gojira and all but i asked my teacher and death metal isnt acceptable...
can anyone help me out by posting a link to some tabs by an acoustic french band please?
They're not acoustic, but...Alcest, man. Alcest.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
it is not a band song, but the best french song i know is La Mer - Charles Trénet .
Sorry I thought you were French (don't know if you read my previous post, I wrote it in French), so I answer in English this time !

So I advise you a song by Francis Cabrel. He's a good singer and musician, just listen to the song called Je t'amais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai. This song is really part of the French culture.

Then, you should try some Noir Désir. It's the best French rock band I've heard, they're very gifted. Most of their songs are played on electric guitars but they can easily be played on an acoustic. Check the song called Le Vent Nous Portera.

If you want tabs, go to the website songsterr. The data base is awesome (better than UG's). It's like the new Pro Tab stuff except that on songsterr it's free, contrary to UG. You don't need to download software to play it, it's totally free.
They killed my father, right in front of me...I will have my revenge
Last edited by Fuku-san at Feb 16, 2012,