Poll: Do girls prefer jerks?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do girls prefer jerks?
Yes
91 53%
No
80 47%
Voters: 171.
Page 1 of 3
I saw that meme-comic everyone seems to be talking about with the girl turning the guy down because he is "nice". Do you think it's just a myth that girls like jerks or do you think it's true? I personally think they really do like jerks.
Girls prefer confidence and a lack of confidence is the only thing stopping most people from being jerks.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I wouldn't say they like jerks, they just like confidence. And I guess a guy with a jerky amount of confidence is better than a guy with no confidence.

So yes.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
They sure do love jerking me
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
its confidence, the ability to say/do anything and not be constantly second guessing yourself. They can almost smell that insecurity and it makes one seem weak. Dickheads maybe dickheads but they have confidence in abundance.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
"Jerks" = Confidence = Power/Authority = Attraction

It's a basic animalistic need for a woman to keep her children safe, and a man of strength can provide that for her. That's the same reason they want a guy who's in shape. Obviously this is may seem outdated in today's society, but that's the result of thousands of years of development

EDIT: I don't think girls want an actual asshole, I think you're just perceiving some guys who get girls to be as such because of their "powerful" nature. This is all a generalization, of course.
Last edited by IommiPage at Feb 15, 2012,
I'm just a jerk. It has nothing to do with confidence or shit. More to do with not giving a ****.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Girls want me. I'm not a jerk. Sometimes on the internet, but that's about it.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Girls prefer confidence and a lack of confidence is the only thing stopping most people from being jerks.
Yep. Internet people equate no confidence with "nice," and confidence as "being a dick."

While it may seem that way because you are young and inexperienced; no, they don't.
Nice guys can't win cause they're not manly enough. A "jerk"is just someone really masculine
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by blake1221
Girls don't prefer jerks. Guys that can't get girls just label them as such.

That was very subtle. And c'mon, if you guys really got so many girls, why are you online? Shouldn't you be bustin cherries?
Last edited by HowSoonisNow at Feb 15, 2012,
Quote by Tessalate
Nice guys can't win cause they're not manly enough. A "jerk"is just someone really masculine
Derp
ggg1 ggg3

Girls like Jerks
Guys like jerks

if guys like the nice girls, you'd go for that ugly girl that you know you could easily secure who is genuinly nice
but nope, you have to have a crush on the bitchy hot ones
No, they prefer guys with confidence. The trend, however , seems to be that the higher someone's actual worth, the lower their self esteem and confidence. And vice versa. It turns out that jerks and idiots think pretty highly of themselves and are confident in their non-existent desirability.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by blake1221
Girls don't prefer jerks. Guys that can't get girls just label them as such.

This.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Like it's been previously stated, girls prefer confidence. Unfortunately, in some cases, men are confident because they know what to say in order to manipulate women's minds into believing bullshit so they can get into their pants. However, I don't think that women are as ignorant to the bullshit as they claim. Women just like to use the whole "guys are jerks" thing to justify their sex lives because admitting that they're almost as horny as men is a taboo these days.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
girls like jerks, women don't. There's a difference.

Also, everyone's right about confidence, girls don't like guys that aren't confident.
Anyone who says yes is a chauvinist who bases their knowledge of women from Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
They prefer the confidence that jerks usually have. Jerks are usually inconsiderate and do whatever they want, deeming them confident. Nice guys consider others and so they're usually not as confident.
Quote by shavorules42
Like it's been previously stated, girls prefer confidence. Unfortunately, in some cases, men are confident because they know what to say in order to manipulate women's minds into believing bullshit so they can get into their pants. However, I don't think that women are as ignorant to the bullshit as they claim. Women just like to use the whole "guys are jerks" thing to justify their sex lives because admitting that they're almost as horny as men is a taboo these days.

Best reply yet imo
Quote by shavorules42

Damnnn, thats good man, thats really good
Hmm... seems that way
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Another thing is that girls live in a world where people are actually quite nice to them. So, when a guys actually got the bollocks to challenge to them a little they act like he just ****ed their pets.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Feb 15, 2012,
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
Girls like Jerks
Guys like jerks

if guys like the nice girls, you'd go for that ugly girl that you know you could easily secure who is genuinly nice
but nope, you have to have a crush on the bitchy hot ones

Ugly people aren't always nice. Insecurity can make a lot of people really horrible to deal with, especially girls who are insecure about their looks.

That being said, from what I've seen, girls tend to go for people with strong character traits and personalities, with average looks, and guys tend to go for women with great looks, but average personalities.

Just from what I've seen.

EDIT: Oh, and women are often prone to wanting to "change" guys, at least in my personal experience. This can range from clothing style to university major, I've heard it aaall before.
So yeah, maybe some girls DO go for jerks, because they secretly want to change their ways or whatever, but that's only a small part, like the portion of guys who want women to chain them to a bed and put out cigarettes on their chest.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 15, 2012,
No, I think girls just use terrible methods of attracting men. If you use your sex appeal to win over a guy who wouldn't date you for your personality, he is going to be a jerk/pig, because thats the reason he's there.

And on that same note, girls are way more sexual than they like to let on. Thus they enjoy using their body to attract guys, but then they complain when the guy is only there for their body. You'd think they'd figure it out eventually...
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
No, I think girls just use terrible methods of attracting men. If you use your sex appeal to win over a guy who wouldn't date you for your personality, he is going to be a jerk/pig, because thats the reason he's there.

And on that same note, girls are way more sexual than they like to let on. Thus they enjoy using their body to attract guys, but then they complain when the guy is only there for their body. You'd think they'd figure it out eventually...

On this, I think it's a result of guys thinking they have to lie about their intentions just to get laid, or women taking it as an offense that a guy thinks of them only as a potential random sexual partner. If guys and chicks were both just more upfront about it, it wouldn't be such a goddamn problem.

Guy: "Hey babe, wanna come over and bang?"
Girl: "Nah, no thanks."
Guy: "Aight, no biggie!"

Instead of

Guy: "Oh man I'm going to pretend to be genuinely interested in you for days and pretend to be developing feelings for you because I really just wanna bang you."
Girl: "Man he's really my type but I can't just SLEEP with him, I have to know he's going to commit to a relationship or else it'll just be random sex and I'll be a slut!"

Because that shit is bullshit on both sides.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 15, 2012,
Girls like jerks. Women like stability.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Kind of sucks that there's so much social pressure for women to act like girls.

There is?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 3