So I found a Gallien Krueger stack at a pawn shop recently, a Backline 600 head and a 210GLX cab paired together. Picked it up for 250, no dings or major cosmetic flaws and she still sounds pretty good.
Was this a good buy?
Not bad for $250 really. Backline stuff doesn't have the best rep for build quality and tone but if you treat it nice you should get your moneys worth out of it. If the tone doesn't do it for you try investing in something like a Sansamp.
Out of interest, is it a US or Asian made Backline?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Not bad for $250 really. Backline stuff doesn't have the best rep for build quality and tone but if you treat it nice you should get your moneys worth out of it. If the tone doesn't do it for you try investing in something like a Sansamp.
Out of interest, is it a US or Asian made Backline?

This

Also I don't know why people do this, but if you think what you're buying might not be a good deal ask before you buy.
It's an Asian made amp.
I didn't make a completely uneducated buy, I looked up the amp itself and overall it had decent reviews. I couldn't find anything on the cab however, nor what someone would buy it for these days. I figured why not, I needed something a bit bigger than 30 watts.