Hey guys, I wrote this dark acoustic style kinda track.
I would like to share it with fellow musicians.

http://soundcloud.com/gabe-malmsteen/phobia

IT doesn't really reflect my guitar skill level, I wrote it 8 months ago, Then REcorded like a couple days after.
I was a little of a hurry when I recorded it, BUt im going to re record it.
I personally Like it, Im going to add two more riffs ( I guess thats what I should call it aha) to the song. ( maybe just 1 more)
then add some bass ( but highlighting the guitar more ), then add some smooth drums.
And hopefully at a little " atmosphere " and hopefully in the future maybe get a female vocalist to do some vocals on this track.

I'm Still only 16, so any feed back would Be appreciated.
I think its a pretty good demo.

PS.
Ignore my soundcloud name hahah, it's stupid I know
Alright so I just finished listening to it, I like the general direction in where it's heading but my only criticism would be that it is too monotone. There's no real dynamic in the song because the chord changes all kind of have the same minor type of vibe, and also because it's the same strumming pattern the whole way through.

You might want to consider incorporating different strumming patterns at some parts, maybe even some scratches or rests to give more life to the song. Try to figure out some nice turn around chords to change the mood slightly then bring it back tot he main part or whatever... it's not a bad idea to use the relative major - I know its just supposed to be more of a recorded idea/little jam, just providing you with some constructive criticism! I really do like the chords you were using as well as the strumming patter than went along with it, so keep working at it, with a little structure it'll turn out nice!

If you don't mind checking out my thread, I'd appreciate some feedback! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29148633#post29148633
Quote by devilzdj4
Alright so I just finished listening to it, I like the general direction in where it's heading but my only criticism would be that it is too monotone. There's no real dynamic in the song because the chord changes all kind of have the same minor type of vibe, and also because it's the same strumming pattern the whole way through.

You might want to consider incorporating different strumming patterns at some parts, maybe even some scratches or rests to give more life to the song. Try to figure out some nice turn around chords to change the mood slightly then bring it back tot he main part or whatever... it's not a bad idea to use the relative major - I know its just supposed to be more of a recorded idea/little jam, just providing you with some constructive criticism! I really do like the chords you were using as well as the strumming patter than went along with it, so keep working at it, with a little structure it'll turn out nice!

If you don't mind checking out my thread, I'd appreciate some feedback! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29148633#post29148633

Thanks that means A lot!
Its just a rough draft but I am going to add the relative major, Once I figure it out cause I don't klnow much about music theory.
It is a little "Drone-y" That's the kinda of vibe I was going for.
I am going to add two more riffs with the Relative major that are in a different strumming pattern.

BUt your Criticism means a LOT, I do like Constructive Criticism.
IT really did help a lot,

ALso yes Ill check your thread and giving some feedback!
It's quite repetitive, but I really like it. I can picture it used in like an anime show or some film. Maybe if it was a bit slower. The tune is like a passing of time. Makes me want to reflective on something that's quite serious or that's just happened. Then there's a bit near the end which is a bit more etheral :P Well... some of the visuals that come to mind.
Quote by Furegious
It's quite repetitive, but I really like it. I can picture it used in like an anime show or some film. Maybe if it was a bit slower. The tune is like a passing of time. Makes me want to reflective on something that's quite serious or that's just happened. Then there's a bit near the end which is a bit more etheral :P Well... some of the visuals that come to mind.

Wow thanks a Lot
Idk if its good enough for anime or a movie, But thats a huge compliment.
Im glad my music gives people visuals of what my music means to them !
ahhahah
And yes it's written in a time in my life were I a lot things were passing, And I was getting older.
But I also made it Repetitive because I was trying also to reflect the Repetitiveness of life, as it passes? l
Then I picked up my guitar, and just wrote what I was Experiencing.
That's it then. Made me think of something reflective and you wrote it at a time when lots of things were passing. Sorted Because of its nature, that's what made me think more for film or anime. Cool.