What woulb be a good effect(s) peddals to start with for under $100. I think I am getting a mini Marshall stack. what should I get? I have loomed at a digitech 2500. The thing I dint like is you cant quickly switch to a different setting. What I would like is a stomp box type thing. Do they make anything that is like a starter set with a bunch of different peddals like distortion and delay and stuff?
1. I wouldn't recommend the Mini Marshall stack, and I dont think alot of people on here will recommend it either but thats your choice.
2. You can always get a bunch of cheap Danelectro pedals. They're cheap, good starter pedals to well start with. They're not too great. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar-effects-pedals/danelectro

Also, some Boss pedals are cheap and good as well.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I'm kindof a noob about this stuff and was wondering what kind would be nice to have as a starters. I kindof like the Slash sound. Also I see a lot of people have an angled board they set them on. What is that do I need that can I make one?
If you haven't gotten that Marshall yet, don't. You can do a lot better for your money.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
If you haven't gotten that Marshall yet, don't. You can do a lot better for your money.

+1 not that marshall.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Mate get a vox pathfinder 15. Probably the best practice amp there is. It's also only 89 quid I think and it has reverb,distortion and tremolo built in. For cheap pedals save for a zoom G3,there's hundreds of effects on that.
]
I want the slash sound. I haven't bought that Marshall yet. All together with effects peddals and an amp my Max is $100.
I was thinking a distortion. Tuner, delay and what else?
Do I need to get a peddal board.
or those loop cords things?
Plaese help I want to make an order soon
You can get a Korg tuner for 20$, a Boss DS-1 distortion for 40$, a Danelectro delay for 30$ or a DeltaLab delay for 60$. But I wouldn't get the Marshall and seeing as it sells for around 260$ online, I would recommend getting a Roland Cube or a Vox Valvetronix instead. Hope I could help ya.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I am going to get what obama ftw said. What else do I need. How do I connect them together. Do I need a peddal board or can that be easily made
Quote by abombination
I am going to get what obama ftw said. What else do I need. How do I connect them together. Do I need a peddal board or can that be easily made

No, you don't need a pedal board. You can string your effects together with patch cables. You'll need a handful of those (two or three), and two instrument cables (guitar to effects, effects to amp).

Instrument cables run about $30 each, and patch cables are roughly $5-7.

You can also save a bit of cash by getting a Roland Micro-Cube, which will run you roughly $120 - it has six or seven different amp emulations and a bunch of effects already onboard.
Last edited by CarsonStevens at Feb 17, 2012,
The Danelectro pedals sound pretty good but their construction leaves a bit to be desired. When I opened mine up and saw that flimsy little plastic lever I wasn't very impressed. Sounds pretty good though and If I have to move it all into another case down the road it's no big deal I guess.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The Danelectro pedals sound pretty good but their construction leaves a bit to be desired. When I opened mine up and saw that flimsy little plastic lever I wasn't very impressed. Sounds pretty good though and If I have to move it all into another case down the road it's no big deal I guess.

Yeah I figured the Danelectro pedals would be good for a starter because they're cheap, but they do the job. Also, like someone said about a Roland Cube, that is not a bad investment. Real good solid beginner amp that will do the job and has decent tone. Good buy.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
So what's essential for the slash sound.
I think like
distortion
delay
Chorus
pedal tuner
What else do I need essentially
Quote by abombination
So what's essential for the slash sound.
I think like
distortion
delay
Chorus
pedal tuner
What else do I need essentially

I would say substitute the chorus with a Dunlop crybaby. Slash likes the crybaby. But as for the rest you have listed, it looks pretty good to get you going in the right direction.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Ok so I have been using a digitech 250. I have a set of small computer speakers that I use for in room practice. If I get a delay, distortion, tuner, and chorus can I plug my speakers directly into that? by the way the speakers are headphone jack size.
My uncle has a cry baby that he will let me use until I get enough money for one. I am going to get a tuner distortion and delay to start. What do I need to get to play my effects peddals through my speakers. Would it be better to get a Multics effects pedal set. Can I get a set thatxalready has the pedals on it and all of the things I need. I was looking at the boss me 20
Quote by abombination
My uncle has a cry baby that he will let me use until I get enough money for one. I am going to get a tuner distortion and delay to start. What do I need to get to play my effects peddals through my speakers. Would it be better to get a Multics effects pedal set. Can I get a set thatxalready has the pedals on it and all of the things I need. I was looking at the boss me 20

Yeah, I think you said the Boss ME-20 which is a pretty good pedal. So that would be a good idea. Im not too sure about your computer speakers and stuff like that, but I think there is a jack on the back on the ME-20 where you could plug them in. I could be wrong, but I think the ME-20 does.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Im either going to get
Boss me20
line 6 floor pod plus
Or
delay, distortion, tuner