Page 3 of 6
Typical mindless religous arguments... Attacking science's less explored parts and refusing to listen to any responses or counter-arguments.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
sounds like that episode of into the universe with stephen hawking
he proposed an idea
if we put a note in a box saying to meet me at this exact time and location and burry it, will someone in the futute find it and time travel back in time to say hello

it didnt happen

that could mean the note was destroyed or simply nobody decided to come back.
but who wouldnt wana meet mr hawking?

i think parallel dimensions solve your problem.

if not here my thoughts

you can travel space, but how would you travel time? does that even make sense? to me its an idea created by film and art, but when you really think about it, why would you be able to travel time?
if you travel really fast, space stretches to keep you from going the speed of light. so if you traveled faster than the speed of light, would you start traveling into the future?
what if you stopped moving entirely? you would freeze at absolute zero. would you be traveling back in time? or simply prevent yourself from traveling foreward in time? i think the laws of physics prevent time travel entirely.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Out of curiosity, I just searched "finite universe" on Youtube and came across this gem. Can we all agree that this guy is retarded? I can't even put the flaws in his argument into words because I'm so tired right now... must leave thread... must sleep...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaMRPoVDOs4

i said my words

i had to turn it off though to think, his bullshit was distracting. i caannt believe some people...
Quote by darkwolf291
Time travel forward is possible.

If an astronaut leaves on a 10 year mission and travels a certain rate of speed (I forget the exact number) the entire mission, when he came home, 100 years would have passed on Earth, while only 10 passed for him because time slows down as velocity increases.

It's not exactly time travel though, it's called time dilation. I believe.

/pit science
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Judging from the OP, TS is clearly proud of having mastered the basic flaws in the idea of time travel.

I presume that if time travel backwards is eventually invented, it will be illegal to travel back because of the confusion it would cause. Think about it: if someone went on TV and claimed to be "from the future" right now, nobody would believe him.

Alternatively, time travel backwards is possible, but it takes time: a person ages a year to go back a year, for example. This would mean that it is impossible to go back more than about sixty years. And due to the inevitable bureaucracy that will surround time travel, it will not be made legal until several decades after its conception. This would make it unlikely that time travellers would be able to go back more than about twenty years before time travel was invented, before they die of old age.
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
EDIT: While I was just on the phone with someone discussing the thoughts that this thread just brought back to me, I accidentally came to the conclusion that their must be gods, despite declaring my entire life that their probably isn't. This means I'm thinking waaay to hard about things I don't understand.

The one other thing that's always haunted my thoughts is the beginning of the existence of the universe (or multiverse?). Existence can't have a beginning, because that would mean something needs to have been there to spark that beginning, and then where did that thing come from. But it also can't not have a beginning because everything has a beginning.

wtf, man?

heres my answer
why does the universe need a beginning? our concept of a beginning is very limited. i mean, we cant visualize the 4th dimension, and we live in a 10 dimensional universe. how would our brains even begin to understand the beginning of a universe? we cant, we tend to find ourselves with too many questions, and god seems to have the answers. he has the easy answers. the ones that dont make any sense at all, unless you believe in god, which in all other contexts in considered circular reasoning, and thats usually frowned upon.

our universe isnt the only universe. there are multiple ones. god doesnt explain that.
if god had the answers, why didnt he tell anyone? he apparently told someone what to write in the bible...well why didnt he get everything write in the bible itself?

you have to think of the universe as something that is infinite.
infinite in our understanding of infinite when thinking of 3 DIMENSIONS. when you jump a dimension up, what seemed to be infinite in our 3 dimensions is now finite in the 4th dimension.

particles pop out of nowhere in quantum physics. i think they came from somewhere, but in our universe it "seemed' to come out of nowhere, but that is ok, its not breaking any laws, if it was, it wouldnt be happening.

so why cant the universe pop out of nowhere?
i think empty space outside the universe is being filled, and the universe is filling it, like normal things tend to do in our world.

except instead of my scrambled egg liquid filling up a pan, its a 10 dimensional ball filling up an 11 dimensional empty canvas.

what is this canvas and what lies outside of it?

an even bigger cavas that holds multiple universes.

a super canvas holding many universes of the same dimensions.
now if you had multiple universes with different dimensions, there would need to be s super-mega canvas that somehow has the ability to hold a multitude of super universe canvases. that shape has to be ****ed up.

now what lies outside of that? theres the question. does god answer that question? i dont think so, it doesnt say in the bible. the bible only says god made earth in six days and took a break on day 7..... thru 14billion - 6 days to come.
Time travel has been proven in the last few weeks by a project run jointly between physics research groups in Ireland and China.It's pretty easy to understand

1) Lock yourself in a box,room, wardrobe or any sealed environment
2) Set an alarm for whatever time you wish to travel to eg if you want to travel one day into the future set the alarm for 24 hours
3) Wait for the alarm
4) Once the alarm has sounded emerge from your chronovehicle and marvel at the future

Basically it takes advantage of the fact that we travel through time naturally
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Last edited by Eggmond at Feb 16, 2012,
Why does everyone always assume they know how time travel works? No one does know, we can only theorize.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
heres my answer
why does the universe need a beginning? our concept of a beginning is very limited. i mean, we cant visualize the 4th dimension, and we live in a 10 dimensional universe. how would our brains even begin to understand the beginning of a universe? we cant, we tend to find ourselves with too many questions, and god seems to have the answers. he has the easy answers. the ones that dont make any sense at all, unless you believe in god, which in all other contexts in considered circular reasoning, and thats usually frowned upon.

our universe isnt the only universe. there are multiple ones. god doesnt explain that.
if god had the answers, why didnt he tell anyone? he apparently told someone what to write in the bible...well why didnt he get everything write in the bible itself?

you have to think of the universe as something that is infinite.
infinite in our understanding of infinite when thinking of 3 DIMENSIONS. when you jump a dimension up, what seemed to be infinite in our 3 dimensions is now finite in the 4th dimension.

particles pop out of nowhere in quantum physics. i think they came from somewhere, but in our universe it "seemed' to come out of nowhere, but that is ok, its not breaking any laws, if it was, it wouldnt be happening.

so why cant the universe pop out of nowhere?
i think empty space outside the universe is being filled, and the universe is filling it, like normal things tend to do in our world.

except instead of my scrambled egg liquid filling up a pan, its a 10 dimensional ball filling up an 11 dimensional empty canvas.

what is this canvas and what lies outside of it?

an even bigger cavas that holds multiple universes.

a super canvas holding many universes of the same dimensions.
now if you had multiple universes with different dimensions, there would need to be s super-mega canvas that somehow has the ability to hold a multitude of super universe canvases. that shape has to be ****ed up.

now what lies outside of that? theres the question. does god answer that question? i dont think so, it doesnt say in the bible. the bible only says god made earth in six days and took a break on day 7..... thru 14billion - 6 days to come.

Beautifully explained, and well thought out, and I agree 100%
It only took 1 time traveller to mess up human history...well done jesus.
Quote by devourke
Everyone knows the Earth is stationary. The Entire universe rotates around us.

This. Silly liberals and their crazy "heliocentric" notions.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well if there was ever a time machine,i would go in the past and try to fix stuff i did to piss people off. It seems people aren't forgiving me of stuff i did in the past. If there were a time machine i would go back into the past and fix the things i did which upset people.
Maybe they have to keep it a secret so they don't alter their present and risk erasing their own life.
If i had a time machine I will never visit the past in case I change things that makes me "disapear"
I would only visit the future.
Je grattes ma gratte...
Time travel into the future is possible, and has been done - albeit only by a few thousandths of a second or so.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I truly feel time travel will be possible. it has been practiced already and we have the outline of concepts down... but I imagine if it has been done in the "future" the reason we won't know of it is because any traveling done will be to the past in different dimensions where you have taken other choices..

thats my thinking at least.
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by AeroRocker
EDIT: Also, traveling into the future is much more likely to happen.
Yeah, basically. Travelling into the future isn't completely impossible. But travelling to the past pretty much is.
This does not affect me in any way.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Pat_s1t
Yeah, basically. Travelling into the future isn't completely impossible. But travelling to the past pretty much is.

why would you say that? I think given the choices we are faced with.. it would be harder to off shoot those choices since we can not decide them when we travel where in the past it has already been done...

whatever though.. I dont think it is impossible.. just how we think makes it seem that way.
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
you dont know shit about time theory

Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I'll be the voice of reason here and express that we don't know nearly enough about the nature of our universe (and possibly beyond) to speculate on whether time travel into the past is possible. Forward time travel is possible due to something called time dilation according to special and general relativity and actually happens on the most minute scale when an astronaut travels on a spacecraft. For example, Russian cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev holds the record for time dilation for he has aged 0.02 seconds less than we would have. This is due to traveling at high speeds.

But once again, we are far from solving all the mysteries of how our universe works, its origins or whether there are in fact other universes, parallel or otherwise, to be able to state objectively one way or another about past-bound time travel.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Feb 17, 2012,
Well, seeing as I'm posting this in the future and it's you in the past reading it, I say fuck you to your whole theory.

You're an idiot. Go read more about time travel.

Goddammit, if Jake Gyllenhaal can time travel, anyone can.

Edit: Also, metal4eva, that's not time travel. That's immortality. Learn words please.
Last edited by halo43 at Feb 17, 2012,
TS has never seen Doctor Who or Back to the Future has he?
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by halo43
Well, seeing as I'm posting this in the future and it's you in the past reading it, I say fuck you to your whole theory.

You're an idiot. Go read more about time travel.

Goddammit, if Jake Gyllenhaal can time travel, anyone can.

Edit: Also, metal4eva, that's not time travel. That's immortality. Learn words please.

viajantes do tempo = time travelers

Also: I -in the future- am reading what you -in the past- posted. You're not posting it from the future; you are in the past, your post happened before I read it.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by metal4eva_22
viajantes do tempo = time travelers

Also: I -in the future- am reading what you -in the past- posted. You're not posting it from the future; you are in the past, your post happened before I read it.

Goddammit, you know I don't speak Mexican...

Is time travel always this confusing?

-Future halo43
I was going to write a really detailed letter from the past but then I realized that I didn't know the exact details of Hitlers death. I knew he shot himself but I didn't know where or what happened to him afterwards.

He shot himself with his own Walther pistol and Eva swallowed a cyanide capsule. The Soviet's found both of their bodies and took them outside of the bunkers emergency exit into a bomb crater and lit them both on fire.

One of Goebbels kids heard Hitlers gunshot and said "That's a bulls-eye" because he thought one of the mortars had landed a direct hit. All 6 of the Goebbels children were murdered by their parents with cyanide although the method used is not known for sure. The oldest child Helga was found with bruises on her face which indicated that she struggled with whoever tried to get her to swallow the cyanide and had to be restrained.

: (
i feel like the members of the pit need to meet up one day, all bring our acoustic guitars, buy a pound of weed, and all take one hit of acid, and talk about the shit we talk about all day in the pit.
time travel will be solved
What's the one thing that's always mentioned in books or films that involve time travel into the past?
Those travelling into the past are always told to be careful not to do anything that could change the future. So in the future, time travel into the past coud well be possible but steps may have been taken to make sure that those travelling into the past cannot do anything to change the future, and if that's the case, we'd naturaly have no evidence that anyone had visited us from the future, even if they had.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i feel like the members of the pit need to meet up one day, all bring our acoustic guitars, buy a pound of weed, and all take one hit of acid, and talk about the shit we talk about all day in the pit.
time travel will be solved

I don't do acid anymore, can I have twice as much weed instead?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I don't do acid anymore, can I have twice as much weed instead?

I say four times. It's been a while since I rolled fat blunts.

The "universe is moving and so it Earth, so if you time travel, you won't end up in the same place" theory is offensive to the time travel community, because time machines obviously have the wormhole regeneration set at the rate of redshift and local orbital info so that you end up in the right place... duh.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Feb 17, 2012,
Quote by DonGlover
I'll be the voice of reason here and express that we don't know nearly enough about the nature of our universe (and possibly beyond) to speculate on whether time travel into the past is possible. Forward time travel is possible due to something called time dilation according to special and general relativity and actually happens on the most minute scale when an astronaut travels on a spacecraft. For example, Russian cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev holds the record for time dilation for he has aged 0.02 seconds less than we would have. This is due to traveling at high speeds.

But once again, we are far from solving all the mysteries of how our universe works, its origins or whether there are in fact other universes, parallel or otherwise, to be able to state objectively one way or another about past-bound time travel.

We don't know everything. You're right about that, but you're wrong when you say we don't know enough to speculate. Your argument is defeatist. If no one speculated we'd never advance.

Time travel into the future is possible as you've described. Note that there's no discontinuity in the existence of the individual. He just moves through time at a different rate to other reference frames.

Time travel into the past is problematic in several ways:

1. There's not even any conceptual way it can be achieved. It's not just a technical limitation; no one even has any clue how it might be achieved.

2. The Grandfather Paradox. If this creates an 'alternate timeline' then it's parallel universes, not time travel.

3. No visitations from the future

4. Discontinuity of existence - the time traveller will have to disappear from the present universe
Quote by Jostry
That would mean we don't really have free will and everything we do is pre planned and is destined to happen.

Are you mentally hadicapped? Your intelligence and sense of logic are unexistant
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!