Overall, I respect the Police.
110 57%
Overall, I do not respect the Police.
34 18%
**** DA POOOLICE
50 26%
Voters: 194.
Page 1 of 3
Probably the same everywhere: some are honest people who show genuine interest in protecting the law, others abuse their power to compensate for whatever.

Typically, I respect them.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Pretty neutral. I "believe" in their existence. Like the ones that do their job well, dislike the ones that don't
My God, it's full of stars!
Police taste good with chowder.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My dad likes 'em.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I think people that hate the police are stereotyping just as much as people who hate black people for being thugs and thieves.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by darkstar2466
My dad likes 'em.

This. I find them intolerable tho. :/
Yea, they've helped me out before. If you don't do illegal shit and don't act like an ass-hole you won't have any problems.

inb4 the, "all police officers are evil" brigade
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by AeroRocker
Probably the same everywhere: some are honest people who show genuine interest in protecting the law, others abuse their power to compensate for whatever.

This guy nailed it. I respect them, but at the same time I can't help myself sometimes, Its just so easy to dislike them
Quote by StewieSwan
I think people that hate the police are stereotyping just as much as people who hate black people for being thugs and thieves.

So people like Zoot?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
New Zealand Police I'm fine with, it's just when you get other countries that start to use aggressive force on non-aggressors.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
I came in here to post the third poll option.

F*ck da police!!!
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
So people like Zoot?

Yep.
Check out my band Disturbed
Even though i'm infrequently doing anything wrong, i find myself a little paranoid in their presence. Still, i'm mostly indifferent to them, some of them are great some are dicks.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
So people like Zoot?

More like gardens_of_grey

I think that's his username. He said that he was looking forward to all the Police Officers getting beaten and tortured or some shit in the OWS thread.
Quote by AeroRocker

This^
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Quote by devourke
More like gardens_of_grey

I think that's his username. He said that he was looking forward to all the Police Officers getting beaten and tortured or some shit in the OWS thread.

I don't recognize that guy, I just remembered Zoot bitching about the police quite a few times.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
There are good cops and bad cops. I've been lucky enough to only get in trouble with good cops. A few years ago, I got pulled over with weed in my car. The cop noticed a beer my ****ing brother left in the backseat, so he had probable cause to search because I was underage. I told him about the weed in my center console, so he just took it and did a quick search through my dirty car without finding anything else. He took me back to his truck (this was in a little farm town) where he was going to just write me a ticket and let me go. But I was only 17 at the time, and he couldn't find his juvenile tickets, so he just took my weed and let me go. The best part is that he forgot to search my trunk, so I got to keep my beer. Needless to say, I got pretty damn lucky.
Quote by devourke
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28672174&postcount=1721

Here you go. Probably the only post in the OWS thread that I actually remember anything about.

Lol, the fuck
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I'd have to say I respect them. Sure, I've dealt with some real power trippers in the past, but most of them have been pretty cool guys just doing their jobs. I've never really had issues with them.
Same as anyone else. If they're respectful and courteous, then I'll be the same to them. If they act like an asshole, I act like an asshole back. Police around here tend to believe that we as civilians are required by law to be respectful to law enforcement, but the reality is that all we have to be is cooperative.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Probably only encountered two nice police in my life - both were in relation to receiving noise complaints and when they came around and found nothing we had a chat.

However, yesterday I got fined $300 and lost my driving license for holding my phone while driving (it's against the law to talk/text on your phone while driving). The two officers didn't believe me and even when they demanded to check my call history (which obviously showed I wasn't using it) and saw I was right they still fined me anyway and now I can't leave my house for 3 months.

Also witnessed police beat/use unnecessary force on people already handcuffed and not resisting. I agree that it's unfair to stereotype them all, but the job seems to attract a special type of self-important dickhead moreso than other occupations.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by due 07
This. I find them intolerable tho. :/

I find them tolerable, but I'm not a fan.

without the previous quote, i.e. out of context, this sounds like you hate the police and I barely find them acceptable lol
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
without the previous quote, i.e. out of context, this sounds like you hate the police and I barely find them acceptable lol

You don't know what I'm all about, like watching Cops and reading Kerouac.
My dad used to be a cop, and I always act respectful to them even if they aren't to me, but only because if I'm not I know they could be a lot harder on me for whatever I'm doing. But basically I think some are good, some are bad. They're human after all just like anyone else.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by neidnarb11890
You don't know what I'm all about etc.

should i finish that for you? i want to so bad.

edit: dammit Due!
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Feb 16, 2012,
I like them when they are not arrogant pricks, but let's face it, that's not really unique to the police, it's a part of life. I respect the profession as a whole.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by due 07
You don't know what I'm all about, like watching Cops and reading Kerouac.

Cops is easily one of the best shows on television, when they actually put down real criminals. Hi-speed car chases are my favorite. I've actually watched quite a number of episodes of Cops.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Cops is easily one of the best shows on television, when they actually put down real criminals. Hi-speed car chases are my favorite. I've actually watched quite a number of episodes of Cops.

i always seem to turn on cops when they're responding to a call some old **** made about people smoking pot in their car, in their own driveway.

and then the ****face cop has the nerve to claim that he "might have prevented something bad from happening" by arresting them
I respect the people who do their job well, and I don't respect those who don't... it's pretty simple.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I don't like them I lived in Los Angeles for 13 years and they didn't do much to help the drugs and violence. I saw them arresting more homeless men/women than drug dealers and killers. Now i live in a small town in Oklahoma and all I see them do is sit around the high school parking lot waiting for someone to run the stop sign. I have not seen them help ever, so **** them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLX6xNbhios
press ctrl + w
The police here in Brazil are horrible. Way too much police brutality and extrajudicial executions happen all the time. The corruption is ridiculous, they're almost never held accountable for their crimes and a bunch of people here seem to feel less safe around cops then around "criminals".
TS, I am tired of seeing your threads. Please find a hobby.
I shall now ameliorate my own hypocrisy by tacitly encouraging your threadmaking.
My opinion of cops is

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Page 1 of 3