I have this stratocaster, that I just had changed over to .11's and new pickups installed. The guy did a setup, and is normally really good. The guitar has started buzzing slightly at various places up and down the neck, on several strings.

Does this indicate a need for truss rod adjustment? If so which way - tightening the nut, or loosening it? I have the wrench, and I'm not afraid to use it.

I'd take it back for my guy to address, but I have band practice and don't really have time to get to him, and I need this guitar in this tuning for practice.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I need to try and address this tonight.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
It's more likely the string height simply needs to be raised. Thicker strings need more space to move in. Most Strats are initially set for .09 strings, so if you put on .11s you're going to have to raise the action slightly so the thicker strings have enough clearance.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's more likely the string height simply needs to be raised. Thicker strings need more space to move in. Most Strats are initially set for .09 strings, so if you put on .11s you're going to have to raise the action slightly so the thicker strings have enough clearance.

And this would indicate a saddle adjustment? I have the wrench for that as well... That seems safer. If I muff it up, I won't destroy the guitar. Though it's just a craigslist special anyway.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
Yes, raising the saddles is all you should need to do. On some American and Japanese Strats (ones where the bridge is mounted to just two posts) it can be better to leave the saddles alone and raise the bridge posts instead, if a lot of adjustment is required.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
it wouldn't hurt to at least measure the neck relief to see if the truss rod needs adjusting. have a look at the set up thread in this forum to see how to do this.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix