I saw this CL ad of this guy selling his Flextone for $125. I'm wondering what you guys think of it? Right now I've been using a Spider III (don't say nuthin' I know) and I've been wondering if the Flextone would be a good purchase for me. I currently play in a small church band and I really can't get enough money to buy a nice tube combo which is why I'm asking about the Flextone. I've read a couple reviews that say its good, but thats about it.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Which model is it? II or III? Either way that's a pretty solid deal. I'm a tube purist but I actually kind of like the Flextone III. We have one in one of our music buildings which I use when I don't feel like dragging my deluxe out.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
They're not too bad for the money. Get the floorboard you can really take advantage of all the features.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
For $125, that's just a nice amp to have in general. Later on, you can use it for a backup or whatever you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For that price, I would go for it, especially in a smaller band situation. There are some nice clean and crunch sounds to be had, considering it's modeling. Like someone else said, get the floorboard.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I have a flextone II for practice, i actually kind of like it, since i have a wife and kid, loud tube amp, not gonna fly in the house any more, so those stay at the practice spot and i use that to write and practice, the only issue ive had on mine is when i first got it, it had SOOO MUCH REVERB on every channel, but line 6s website had FAQ that told me how to turn it off
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
That's about what I paid for my Flextone II+. Great for the price. I prefer my Vypyr now, but when you look at what I paid, the Flextone is too good to pass up.

Go for it. I don't think you'll regret it.
I'm an old Dyed-in my-ways tube freak. But I have a III. If you get a pedal board for it and hook it up to your laptop, you can get some pretty descent tones out of it. I do put a blues driver in front of it sometimes.