So I have a Takamine EF261San or something along those lines. It's a beautiful acoustic guitar but for a while now I haven't been able to get the preamp on it work. I've put in a new battery and tried and nothing has worked. Now the light doesn't light up on it when I turn on the tuner but I'm pretty sure it did at one point, even though it still didn't work then. I went to a guitar store an they had the same style preamps and said they could order one for me.

So would it be hard to install a new preamp? Could it be something else? I've had some techs look at it and they weren't sure if it was the preamp or something else.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
You may just have a loose connection or try another battery. These preamps are easy to change.
they are designed to pull out, carefully. If you are going to replace it try Taki's tube preamp.Cheers
Thanks man. I know it's not the battery. It could be a loose connection though. I will definitely look into that. Tube preamp? That's really cool. How much do those run?
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
They cost about NZ $250.00 that is about US$210.00. But NZ is a really expensive place for anything that isn't made in China. See if the shop will let you try it, they are really simple to change over. Good luck. Cheers