Page 1 of 3
im a hard rock kinda guy and i work with a guy that loves country music.. now i know the sayin to each their own but i just hate the sound of country music. the southern drawl and the whiny violin and dumb lyrics to boot.. especially the Red Solo Cup song.. i just dont understand how they come up with somethin so stupid and people love it. Is it me or is it just a different breed of people that just love simple songs with dumb lyrics. Does anyone feel the same as me?
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
Favorite bands :
Pantera --- Korn--- Tool--- Stevie Ray Vaughn -- Metallica --- Black Label Society -- Breaking Benjamin --- Santana -- Disturbed

Not exactly the paragons of musical complexity.
🙈 🙉 🙊
You like Korn—your opinion is invalid.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Nope. Country music has its charms. Grow up and accept other people's opinions.

You don't have to do that of course though, that's just my opinion
Quote by entity0009
Favorite bands :
Pantera --- Korn--- Tool--- Stevie Ray Vaughn -- Metallica --- Black Label Society -- Breaking Benjamin --- Santana -- Disturbed

Sounds about right.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by dimebag70
im a hard rock kinda guy and i work with a guy that loves country music.. now i know the sayin to each their own but i just hate the sound of country music. the southern drawl and the whiny violin and dumb lyrics to boot.. especially the Red Solo Cup song.. i just dont understand how they come up with somethin so stupid and people love it. Is it me or is it just a different breed of people that just love simple songs with dumb lyrics. Does anyone feel the same as me?

Yeah, people like this https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29150962#post29150962
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I only listen to K-Rose on GTA san andreas.

I only listen to V-Rock in Vice City.

well i guess to each their own but I'll never understand it. I will let you all know that i did attend a Trace Atkins concert with my wife a couple years ago and that was a good concert. Im not sayin all country music is bad . There are some decent bands. But it just seems lately its becoming less and less about talent and more about puttin somethin stupid out and having people regard it as great..
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
Quote by dimebag70
Is it me or is it just a different breed of people that just love simple songs with dumb lyrics.
lol
ggg1 ggg3

Now, I don't exactly like country either. and I certainly won't listen to it on the radio.

But I have to admit, some country has some pretty ****ing great lyrics, and some songs even sound nice.

And this is coming from someone who has every single ramones/sexpistols/misfits album.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Tool sbory cro.

And
Quote by Dynamight
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by dimebag70

Mainstream pop-country is just as stupid as the mainstream nu-metal you have listed in your profile.

Some of it's kinda catchy though. There's a few country guitarists I enjoy listening to, they have some sick chops.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Feb 16, 2012,
I find a lot of the music you enjoy to be very simple and "dumb" as well.

Like any other genre, you have to sift through some shit (Red Solo Cup, radio country) to find the good stuff (Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe). Youre basically taking in the commercialized, bastardized version of a genre without trying to find the good stuff.
Quote by dimebag70
well i guess to each their own but I'll never understand it. I will let you all know that i did attend a Trace Atkins concert with my wife a couple years ago and that was a good concert. Im not sayin all country music is bad . There are some decent bands. But it just seems lately its becoming less and less about talent and more about puttin somethin stupid out and having people regard it as great..

Oh, so now not all country music is bad? At least you're getting closer to not being an elitist douchebag.

Still, pop rock and pop country are both genres that, in my opinion, are shitty. That I'll agree with. Less about talent, more about raking in the benjamins by milking one successful format. Still, at the end of the day, if someone enjoys shitty music, I say let 'em be. I'll be over here, listening to my music, which they probably consider shitty, too.
How can you write off an entire genre? I wouldn't say I'm a country enthusiast, but I'm a huge fan of some artists who are heavily influenced by country (Bruce Springsteen, Kirsty MacColl) and pretty much all rock/blues music is influenced by country if you look back far enough
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by entity0009
Favorite bands :

Sorry but all Tool songs sound the same.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
red solo cup
i fill you up
lets have a party
lets have a party
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
I don't understand how you can like SRV but not country music...country and blues go hand in hand.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by raoooos

I saw Gillian Welch a couple of months ago - I honestly believe that she's one of the best songwriters of all time, in any musical genre!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I can definitely imagine OP as the kind of guy who gets all defensive saying "Metal is so much more than just X,Y,Z band. You're so narrow-minded" while lumping all of country into Toby Keith, Jason Aldean, radio friendly stuff.

Oh the hypocrisy.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by dimebag70
Im not sayin all country music is bad . There are some decent bands. But it just seems lately its becoming less and less about talent and more about puttin somethin stupid out and having people regard it as great..

See, the problem is that you're just listening to the wrong country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dxiOKb3z6w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9IyTz5I9t4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZrrM8sXR70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPrSVkTRb24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1FlVMcXLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzqz2lq7MUU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVm6bwTFmg
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
"Is it me or is it just a different breed of people that just love simple songs with dumb lyrics. "

The general public? thats pop music for you.

Country is far too vast a genre to stereotype, not all Country artsts are commercial crap.
Do You Want To See My Cotton Panties?
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO

/thread

Goddamn, Johnny Cash is a boss
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
OP, as a metal fan that doesn't enjoy country music, I still feel the need to inform you that most country artists still use more music theory, and develop more technique, than most of your favorite bands.

Also, Red Solo Cup is one of the very few country songs I actually like, so there's that...
I have a roommate that I let move in because he plays guitar and I figured that we'd be able to play and write some songs together if we lived together. But he's a country guy. He flat out refuses to learn ANYTHING but simple chords, and won't take ANY advice from me because I'm "nothing but a metalhead." It drives me nuts. I hate country now almost exclusively because he gave country guys a bad rep to me. Also, the way they sing sounds god awful to me.
My sig? Nice.
Anybody that doesn't listen to the same music as me is an idiot. All music sucks except for the few bands I listen to.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry but all Tool songs sound the same.

I disagree completely good sir. But I respect your opinion
I'm not the biggest fan of country music, and I'm also a fellow Pantera fan just like TS. It's people like him that give Pantera fans a bad rap. And that's also why I don't really associate with most Pantera fans. Or metalheads in general.
Quote by Dynamight

What is wrong with Korn?
I wumbo,You wumbo,He she me,Wumbo. Wumbo,Wumbo'ing.
Quote by rocker222
red solo cup
i fill you up
lets have a party
lets have a party

I respect all music but I hate that song.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Page 1 of 3