im looking for a 7 string guitar thats under 800 bucks canadian that would be great for different forms of metal (eg. in flames, trivium, sevenfold, machine head.....) im willing to bend very slightly on the cost but no more than 50 bucks. I'd like it to be not overly heavy with a very easy to shed on neck. any thoughts???
thanks
Always Rock!
Ibanez Rga 7 w/ a new set of pickups would be good. Id go rga 7-qm personally.
Schecter Loomis 7 depending on your store prices.
Ibanez s7420qm if you like s series, will be very light.
Quote by which ones pink
Agile make some very nice and affordable seven strings
www.rondomusic.com

I was going to suggest this as well but with being in Canada the shipping alone would probably run him $100 to $150.
Quote by Darkdevil725
I was going to suggest this as well but with being in Canada the shipping alone would probably run him $100 to $150.

That's true, but unless you get the Interceptor Pros he could easily get one for under 800, even with shipping. My buddy's got an Agile 8 and he *LOVES* it, he got his for a little over 800 with shipping in(we live in Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada), I'd definitely look at Agile! There's always Ibanez too, never played a bad Ibby, but I don't know what they've got, and I love my Schecter 6-string but I hear the 7s are rather bad neck-wise(apparently they're really thick). Definitely consider Agile though, man!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Used to have a Schecter Omen-7 and I always tought the neck felt like a 2x4... If you like this type, you can find one in the classified for about 300$ (and deal it for under that)

If you like slimer necks, try an Ibanez or a LTD instead, I tried an Ibanez Prestige 7 string and this thing felt like it was playing by itself (compared to the schecter). But I like my necks slim and quick!

So, my advice: Try them first (for at least 30Min, to get a real feel) before doing everything and look in the classified, you might get a good find there! 800$ used would get you an Ibanez Prestige for sure!