The UN General Assembly has approved a resolution condemning human rights violations in Syria and calling for an end to the violence.

The Arab-backed initiative is the latest stage in international attempts to mediate an end to the crisis.

It also calls for President Bashar al-Assad to relinquish power.

Earlier China, which along with Russia vetoed a previous resolution at the Security Council, said it was sending an envoy to Syria.

Deputy Foreign Minister Zhai Jun will go to the capital, Damascus, on Friday, in what Beijing said was an attempt to find a "peaceful and proper" resolution to the conflict.

The non-binding resolution before the General Assembly backs an Arab League plan aimed at stopping the killings.

It was approved by 137 votes to 12 against, with 17 abstentions. Vetoes are not allowed in the assembly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17065056

Your news for today. Let's hope they'll act soon. I don't know by what measure since they didn't specify, but I'm guessing hostile...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by MH400
You like BBC articles, huh?

What gave me away...? Now comment on the article.
I hope this will help, although I'm not sure how it would
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
After weeks of deliberation and mass killings the UN comes up with the drastic step of encouraging al-Assad to step down.

Exellent.
Mind your own buisiness instead of being world police.
kthxbai.
I've been hearing this in the news a lot lately. Hopefully al-Assad will just give up peacefully rather than starting a conflict.
Quote by AmirT
kthxbai.
lol

nah

Quote by WaterGod
I've been hearing this in the news a lot lately. Hopefully al-Assad will just give up peacefully rather than starting a conflict.
He already started one.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by AmirT
kthxbai.

Yes, let me kill sheenies in peace
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by garfgarfgarf
After weeks of deliberation and mass killings the UN comes up with the drastic step of encouraging al-Assad to step down.

Exellent.

Yeah kinda wondering what took so long
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by AmirT
kthxbai.

Telling Assad to step down isn't being "world police" you dumb ****, it's stopping a raving lunatic from leading his country into a civil war.
Quote by AmirT
kthxbai.

You're either really anti-global community, or you're a troll.

I'm not sure.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by bradulator
Yeah kinda wondering what took so long
Well, China and Russia enjoy the shitstorm being caused by Assad.
ggg1 ggg3

Russia and China did theirs to stop it. I've completely missed why they don't want anyone to interfer with Syria, are they allies or something?
Quote by Kensai
Russia and China did theirs to stop it. I've completely missed why they don't want anyone to interfer with Syria, are they allies or something?

Nope, just dicks.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
So I'm supposed to be rooting for the rebels, right?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Kensai

They just like to disagree with the west at any given opportunity because they like to be seen as big and important.
The Arab League is the biggest joke ever. It never proved to be useful. Not a single word about the uprisings in Bahrein. Not a single "resolution" condemning Israeli settlements. Not a single hand to help their brothers in Palestine.

But when an anti-West president has to face an islamist revolution, they go apeshit and want him out.

Funny part ? This is coming from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the country that executes any opposition, and beheads anyone who insults the king. We live in a shit, hypocritical world, ruled by the west and their greed for power.

When the UN bring out a resolution condemning Israeli Settlements, the US veto it. And when China and Russia exercice their veto, that slut Susan Rice calls it "shameful". America, who the bloody **** do you think you are ?
Quote by Darkshade666
The Arab League is the biggest joke ever. It never proved to be useful. Not a single word about the uprisings in Bahrein. Not a single "resolution" condemning Israeli settlements. Not a single hand to help their brothers in Palestine.

But when an anti-West president has to face an islamist revolution, they go apeshit and want him out.

Funny part ? This is coming from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the country that executes any opposition, and beheads anyone who insults the king. We live in a shit, hypocritical world, ruled by the west and their greed for power.

When the UN bring out a resolution condemning Israeli Settlements, the US veto it. And when China and Russia exercice their veto, that slut Susan Rice calls it "shameful". America, who the bloody **** do you think you are ?

Meanwhile, in Syria:

*thousands of civilians dead*
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Darkshade666

Politics. Learn to play them.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Dreadnought
Meanwhile, in Syria:

*thousands of civilians dead*

Just like everywhere. Either condemn all killings or shut up is my policy. Doctors going to jail in Bahrain for treating injured protesters... Tss... Oh wait, Bahrain has a US naval base, makes sense doesn't it ?

Don't go bashing Russia for doing exactly the same with Syria (they have a naval base in Tartous).

You're all mad. Russia, USA, China, the EU. Jezuz.
Quote by Darkshade666
Just like everywhere. Either condemn all killings or shut up is my policy. Doctors going to jail in Bahrain for treating injured protesters... Tss... Oh wait, Bahrain has a US naval base, makes sense doesn't it ?

Don't go bashing Russia for doing exactly the same with Syria (they have a naval base in Tartous).

You're all mad. Russia, USA, China, the EU. Jezuz.

If only politics were that simple.
Unlike its precursor, the resolution endorsed by the assembly has no legal authority, but the BBC's Barbara Plett, at the UN, said its backers hope it would increase political pressure on Damascus to end the violence.

Don't really see how this will make much difference really. Al Assad obviously doesn't care about world political opinion. It would be ideal if Russia or China could get him to see sense but somehow I doubt that.

I think the reason that Russia and China aren't supporting this is more because they don't like the idea of the west playing 'world police' than because of any particular love for al-Assad. That could well be wrong though, I'm no political mastermind.
Up The Boro!