After playing guitar for 5 years, I want to expand my music abilities and try my hand at playing the drums. But my parents are kinda iffy about it. I've said, if they'll buy me one, it would be the only thing I'd ask for for my birthday in a few months. I've offered to save up the money to buy the drum kit even. They say space in the house could be an issue, but I've told them "I'm not looking for a huge drum kit such as the ones Neil Pert or Shannon Larkin play. I really just would like a basic beginner drum kit.

They don't seem to even be taking me seriously. How can I help convince my parents to consider it? lol
Gather up some prices of kits you'd be interested in and get the money and show them that you're serious if you can. Clear out some space that you would intend to use to situate the kit. Do stuff that shows that you see it as an investment and not as just a thing you want. It helps a lot.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Just do what my mate did when he was 16. Save your pennies, buy a kit, sneak it into the house when they're not there and set it up in your room. Then the first they'll hear of it will be you playing and by then it'll be too late!
Quote by Weybl Himself
Just do what my mate did when he was 16. Save your pennies, buy a kit, sneak it into the house when they're not there and set it up in your room. Then the first they'll hear of it will be you playing and by then it'll be too late!

Wow man, did that with my first electric guitar. bought it for $50 from a dude on my school bus in 8th grade xD
do it, i play guitar and drums and it helps you play both better if you know how to play both.. if that makes any since.

really though, why are your parents iffy about it? is there any other reason besides the space issue?
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence
Last edited by MiseryMonster at Feb 17, 2012,
Just start taking lessons before buying a kit so you can show your parents you're serious about learning drums. Or just buy the goddam kit and hide it in your room under some sheets or something.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.