So, how many guitars do you think it's polite to play in a guitar shop without buying anything and roughly for how long?

Any more than one and I feel kinda rude...
0, for like, 0 minutes?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Billma
So, how many guitars do you think it's polite to play in a guitar shop without buying anything and roughly for how long?

Any more than one and you feel rude? So what, if you're debating buying one of three different guitars, and have never tried any, what do you do? It isn't going to appear to be rude if they know you genuinly are interested in buying one. If you're just pissing around for the sake of it and killing time in the store playing guitars then that would be rude.
I would say two. You have to play good ones though.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
If i want a certain guitar, I will try it. If I cant afford it, I keep trying it to reassure me to save for it. Thats the way I get out of feeling bad.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
guitar center = as many as possible haha, any other local shop here they get mad when you play anything. i was kicked out of one shop for trying out an amp that i was gonna buy cause they didnt believe i was gonna buy it. the kid at the counter let me play it and i had trouble deciding and the owner came out and told me to get out. so i flashed him my money and said hmm maybe ill go spend this elsewhere then. muahahah
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
I play all of the ones that interest me at guitar center, so usually I don't end up playing at all. I don't have a problem with playing them all either, because most of the employees don't know anything and they glare at me condescendingly from their little smoke break circle when I'm walking up to the store. Fuck GC, Sam Ash is where it's at.
I usually play the same one the whole time. I only go to guitar center to fap to one guitar. If I owned it, I'd never need to step in a guitar center again.
I'll play any guitar I like for as long as I'd please. Stores won't turn away business
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
1. Lie that you have £1000.
2. Play every guitar
3. ???
4. Profit
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by metaldud536
You go in and do whatever you like without pissing off the employees.
Basically this. YOU're the customer; therefore, you are right. (If they're inclined to make an issue of it, maybe they don't want your business. ) Now, if you don't intend to buy anything, well...you're rude.
Quote by whoomit
Just buy the Avril Lavigne Tele.

nah, the hello kitty one is where its at.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I've never had a problem with this. GC I'll just do whatever forever. Awesome, tiny shop in Milwaukee, I'll only try one or two, but they're super chill. There's a mid sized music store in town where even if I come in for strings, if I so much as look at a guitar one of the guys will yell across the store telling me to play it. lol, they're pretty cool.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by AdamDK
Any more than one and you feel rude? So what, if you're debating buying one of three different guitars, and have never tried any, what do you do? It isn't going to appear to be rude if they know you genuinly are interested in buying one. If you're just pissing around for the sake of it and killing time in the store playing guitars then that would be rude.

Not if you're recommending gear to new players it isn't. I've upsold a number of people thinking about getting packs to individual instruments and some extras, usually just above entry-level Epiphones because of my experience with their instruments. Sam Ash loves me, even if they don't know it.
Quote by JAHellraiser
nah, the hello kitty one is where its at.
Discontinued

Seriously, it's quite a common choice in metal for it's one humbucker setup.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Feb 16, 2012,
Honestly, so long as you know that you aren't buying anything and you aren't being a shit, you can do what you like. Just don't loiter for hours.

You aren't buying anything either so don't play loud. I can understand if you're actually buying the amp and you NEED to know what it sounds like loud, but in any other case, you're just being douchey. We don't need to hear you play.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Go to guitar center where it doesn't matter. Tune every guitar you play to ****ed up tunings.
Quote by BlackVoid
Go to guitar center where it doesn't matter. Tune every guitar you play to ****ed up tunings.

I've done this a few times, I'll admit. My guitars are tuned to C# standard, so when I try out guitars, I usually tune them down to that style of tuning. Usually when I'm done I'll tune it back to standard, but sometimes I get lazy and say "screw it." lol
Quote by cfhdomination
I've done this a few times, I'll admit. My guitars are tuned to C# standard, so when I try out guitars, I usually tune them down to that style of tuning. Usually when I'm done I'll tune it back to standard, but sometimes I get lazy and say "screw it." lol

>Find guitar that's not $300 or a Gibson/fender
>Has locking tremolo/nut
>E string is half step flat
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
>Find guitar that's not $300 or a Gibson/fender
>Has locking tremolo/nut
>E string is half step flat

Haha hey, in my defense I don't play guitars with trems. I've never like them for some reason. Feel free to curse me out though, I'm sure I piss off a lot of employees by de-tuning guitars and not tuning them back to E lol.
Quote by Billma
Wat.

You're the customer. Play as many god damn guitars as you want.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by cfhdomination
Haha hey, in my defense I don't play guitars with trems.
Good. Because if you did that with a trem, I would wack you with my trem. Then, I'd curse you out because I'd have to retune it to E standard again.
Really depends where you are.
GC, I've only had a couple problems. A few good stories though.
I was like 16 and had just gotten into tapping (complicated patterns, scales and such) and picked up a nice 6 string off the wall. As soon as I touched it, I saw a worker from the complete opposite side of the store start walking over. I plugged it in and had just sat down to play it by the time he got to the bass cove. I quick played some scale really quick while tapping and he literally had his hand up in the air, stopped and went "oh..." and walked away. xD

But at the Sam Ash near me, I was told straight up "If you're not going to buy this guitar, I can't let you touch it. Try something on the floor."

c.c Age plays a factor into it too. If you're a young looking punk, they'll be more likely to push you to the side cause you'll more than likely just play through a loud amp with a nice guitar and play Sweet Child Of Mine really badly, really loudly.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Good. Because if you did that with a trem, I would wack you with my trem. Then, I'd curse you out because I'd have to retune it to E standard again.

1 - Walk right up to the display case in which their prize guitar is (In my case, one played by Edward Van Halen) and break the glass
2 - Detune it to Z tuning
2.5 - plug into biggest Line 6 or similar stack
2.75 - Turn EQ all ten but mids zero
3 - ???
4 - Profit
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by whoomit
Just buy the Avril Lavigne Tele.

Seriously, you wont find a better guitar.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic