I posted a thread somewhat like this a few days ago, but the problem is bothering me A LOT.

I have this lick(i'm not gonna write it entirely):
e:14h16h17p16p14
B:--------------------17p15h17p15p14

Problem is in the second pull-off at the second string, the next note(the one pulled-off to) doesn't sound like it's supposed to. It kinda sounds like a harmonic. I thought I was pulling too hard, but the problem continues. Suggestions? Is it a fret problem?
Quote by poisonousmetal
I posted a thread somewhat like this a few days ago, but the problem is bothering me A LOT.

I have this lick(i'm not gonna write it entirely):
e:14h16h17p16p14
B:--------------------17p15h17p15p14

Problem is in the second pull-off at the second string, the next note(the one pulled-off to) doesn't sound like it's supposed to. It kinda sounds like a harmonic. I thought I was pulling too hard, but the problem continues. Suggestions? Is it a fret problem?

Are you muting the high E ?.
Does it sound the same when you normally pick the note?
Maybe you need to adjust the string height a bit a higher. The next fret might be causing the note to buzz.
It can also be a truss rod problem.
Quote by mrbabo91
Are you muting the high E ?.

yep, with my left hand index(with which I'm also holding the 14 fret of the B) and with my middle of the right hand.
Quote by Yekex
Maybe you need to adjust the string height a bit a higher. The next fret might be causing the note to buzz.

It sounds as it should if I pick it. i'm gonna check the string height thing.
Quote by Yekex

no string height and no with the truss rod
Does it sound right if you play it slowly?
BEST GEAR IN THE WORLD

PRS Santana SE II with Dimarzio DP100 bridge P/up
BOSS ME-50
Fender Frontman 65r
Line 6 Pocket POD
Dunlop Jazz III picks
no, it sounds as a harmonic if I pull off to it, if I just lift off my finger its okay but obviously it sounds low
Quote by poisonousmetal
no, it sounds as a harmonic if I pull off to it, if I just lift off my finger its okay but obviously it sounds low

Does the harmonic sound for as long as you hold the note, or is it only for an instant?

If it is for an instant, I think you're also flicking the e string unconsciously when you're pulling-off from the B string.

Also, what do you mean "it sounds low?" Does it sound low as in it sounds like a harmonic, but in a lower octave? Or are you referring to a low volume?
Quote by triface
Does the harmonic sound for as long as you hold the note, or is it only for an instant?

If it is for an instant, I think you're also flicking the e string unconsciously when you're pulling-off from the B string.

Also, what do you mean "it sounds low?" Does it sound low as in it sounds like a harmonic, but in a lower octave? Or are you referring to a low volume?

as long as I hold it or as long as it fades away.

low volume