It's enough to make you wanna leave your home
It's the kinda sound that you can't leave alone
Enough to make you wanna get a bearcat of your own
And make him go...

Do the bearcat
There's only one place in NH that might EVER have a legitimate need for one of those beasts, and that's my lovely hometown of Manchester. As the only real urban area, we get the occasional serious crime spree or riot-ish event that might warrant that kind of force or threat of force.

That said, probably 90% of the cops in Manchester, and I'd hazard a guess at NH as a whole, are military rejects. They couldn't get into the Marines, so they became cops instead so they could play with guns and exert authority. I agree that we don't need one of those. It would give them power they don't deserve and wouldn't use appropriately.

EDIT: I just watched the video, and while I still stand by what I said, god DAMN is that thing badass. I want one, so I can tear around the woods in it.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at Feb 16, 2012,
The only reason someone would be upset about that is if they plan on violently resisting the police.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
The only reason someone would be upset about that is if they plan on violently resisting the police.

Yeah, I don't see how it really affects the residents at all.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by rgrockr

Since the Sept. 11 attacks, the war on terror has accelerated the trend toward militarization. Homeland Security hands out anti-terrorism grants to cities and towns, many specifically to buy military-grade equipment from companies like Lenco. In December, the Center for Investigative Reporting reported that Homeland Security grants totalled $34 billion, and went to such unlikely terrorism targets as Fargo, N.D.; Fon du Lac, Wisc.; and Canyon County, Idaho. The report noted that because of the grants, defense contractors that long served the Pentagon exclusively have increasingly turned looked to police departments, hoping to tap a "homeland security market" expected to reach $19 billion by 2014.

I'm kinda upset about that.
(It is legal to record on-duty cops in New Hampshire).

I'd be really upset about that, if I lived in New Hampshire.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
You guys needa stop reading that article and watch the video at the bottom because that is an extremely badass armored vehicle

EDIT: Seriously the NH Police that purchased this probably did for the same reason I want one; they saw that promo version and imagined themselves haulin ass through the backwoods of NH rippin towin shit, rippin through houses and just being all out badasses jammin out to some 'MERICAN rock
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Feb 16, 2012,
Quote by palm mute
I'm kinda upset about that.

I'd be really upset about that, if I lived in New Hampshire.

I suppose I'm upset about defense companies exploiting the post-9/11 paranoia to sell their shit to local police who will probably never need to use it.

And the part where the guy laughed off the "slick marketing" was kinda douchey - "We just scammed your government, come at me bro".
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
A quote from saints row 3 "Hey why don't we have tanks?"

Unless somebody else is driving around a "tank", lol.
METAL!
Quote by rgrockr

Maybe they see it as a waste of money. I mean, their city has a low crime rate. Wtf does it need a tank to enforce the law? Yeah, it's cool. It's also wasteful.
Quote by vicarious46
You guys needa stop reading that article and watch the video at the bottom because that is an extremely badass armored vehicle

EDIT: Seriously the NH Police that purchased this probably did for the same reason I want one; they saw that promo version and imagined themselves haulin ass through the backwoods of NH rippin towin shit, rippin through houses and just being all out badasses jammin out to some 'MERICAN rock

Will never end well.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by DonGlover
Yeah, I don't see how it really affects the residents at all.

Except for the fact that they are spending almost $300,000 of taxpayer money for a heavily armored vehicle in a town that has had 2 murders in the last decade.

The cops only want this so they can tear ass around town feeling like badasses. If they want it that bad, they can pool their own money and get it that way, but there is no conceivable reasoning behind spending tax dollars on it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
There's only one place in NH that might EVER have a legitimate need for one of those beasts, and that's my lovely hometown of Manchester. As the only real urban area, we get the occasional serious crime spree or riot-ish event that might warrant that kind of force or threat of force.

That said, probably 90% of the cops in Manchester, and I'd hazard a guess at NH as a whole, are military rejects. They couldn't get into the Marines, so they became cops instead so they could play with guns and exert authority. I agree that we don't need one of those. It would give them power they don't deserve and wouldn't use appropriately.

EDIT: I just watched the video, and while I still stand by what I said, god DAMN is that thing badass. I want one, so I can tear around the woods in it.

Someone on UG who ACTUALLY lives in the same city as I do?

Mind = blown
Quote by Jackal58
Will never end well.
(Invalid img)

No, of course not but then we can all laugh at this silly NHPD when they total their $300,000 APC after hitting a moose and driving into a ditch
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by doomded
Except for the fact that they are spending almost $300,000 of taxpayer money for a heavily armored vehicle in a town that has had 2 murders in the last decade.

The cops only want this so they can tear ass around town feeling like badasses. If they want it that bad, they can pool their own money and get it that way, but there is no conceivable reasoning behind spending tax dollars on it.

Oh, believe me, I've no doubt that it's a complete waste of money. But that didn't seem to be what the residents were complaining about. Militarizing the police force? Hardly. They've simply added a heavier piece of equipment to their arsenal. It's not like they're firing missiles at houses here. I agree though, if anywhere, New Hampshire isn't really the kind of place that would need these. But lets face it, 2 murders in 12-13 years, the police force is obviously bored as fuck lol.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I can picture bored police driving around town in that beast unnecessarily trying to look badass and exert force by looking intimidating.

I can understand if they have crazy amounts of crime in the town, but they don't. It feels like the mayor was invited to a seminar on military items now in use for the police force, got a huge hard on and bought it on impulse. Waste of taxpayer money imo.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'm curious if they've tried to sell them to my city yet. We're pretty much the same size as Keene, maybe a bit bigger since residency has gone down in the past couple decades. But it would still be more justified.

Seems like a "we're bored" thing.
Quote by corndog97
What the **** is a "bearcat"?

About 17,000 lbs of badass.

Commie.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Keene is the most boring college town I have been to in my life.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by palm mute
About 17,000 lbs of badass.

Commie.

Success for America <__<
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Further blurring the line between la enforcement and military, eventually leading to totalitarianism...wonderful...

We shall all stand united, comrads!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.