Page 1 of 2
I was wondering what everyone thought about dave coming out in support for rick santorum (rep primary) Santorum a guy who's entire platform is basically if ur not straight or not christian the F*ck you. He is such a bigoted piece of crap. I dono if i can support megadeth after this. i mean does dave really share those veiws with this C***. I know his music is a seperate thing but the musicians personality plays a role to me.
Don"t Be A Bitch.
Quote by southpaw_tdg
I was wondering what everyone thought about dave coming out in support for rick santorum (rep primary) Santorum a guy who's entire platform is basically if ur not straight or not christian the F*ck you. He is such a bigoted piece of crap. I dono if i can support megadeth after this. i mean does dave really share those veiws with this C***. I know his music is a seperate thing but the musicians personality plays a role to me.

That's oversimplifying it a lot...
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Woah when did this happen?

Im with this guy
IN LIFE...

IS DEATH

IN DEATH...

IS DEATH
Dave Mustaine was a douche before and I never supported him. His music is ok though, regardless.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Rick Santorum obviously doesn't even support the right to free speech, because he doesn't allow youtube comments.
Contrary to how some people have interpreted my words, I have not endorsed any presidential candidate. What I did say was that I hope to see a Republican in the White House. I’ve seen good qualities in all the candidates but by no means have made my choice yet. I respect the fact that Santorum took time off from his campaign to be with his sick daughter, but I never used the word ‘endorse.’

Dave, today.

Ah, I'd also like to point out that I've not seen the original quotes, or interview. Just saw that earlier and thought it was relevant.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Last edited by Atomic_Assault at Feb 16, 2012,
Quote by iommi600
Yeah, he does...

I miss the drunk Mustaine of the 80's so much...
You mean the one with no convictions? You're essentially saying you want him to be an immature prick, like half the rock stars out there.
Whatever convinced you that Dave Mustaine was some open minded type in the first place?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You mean the one with no convictions? You're essentially saying you want him to be an immature prick, like half the rock stars out there.

As opposed to the insane religious fanatic of today? Id rather have him be a dick to me than talk about how he can heal people with the power of Jesus.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
Dave, today.

Ah, I'd also like to point out that I've not seen the original quotes, or interview. Just saw that earlier and thought it was relevant.

Dave, right before that.

"You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."

He also complimented Santorum not using attack ads, even though the one and only ad I've seen yet (I quit giving a shit about politics when I realized that not only did I hate all of the Republicans, I hated the Democrats to) was an attack ad by Santorum.
Quote by shredder3386
As opposed to the insane religious fanatic of today? Id rather have him be a dick to me than talk about how he can heal people with the power of Jesus.
And what if he could? That kind of thing offends you? Jeese, kids these days...
Quote by shredder3386

For all you know, he only does it for PR reasons.... Granted, that might be even worse.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Exactly.

I usually idolize braindead morons.
brb not taking part in this thread because I was too late to post inb4 Republican hate bandwagon
Did you actually expect him to have decent political views? He's a Christian...

Santorum didn't suspend his campaign because of his "sick daughter". Just a ploy for being too pencil dick to stand up to the continuous pressure of the candidacy.

No matter how many mouth breathing Megadeth fans vote for him, he will not win.
Quote by shredder3386

This.

Only problem with the drunk Mustaine: he would probably be dead right now.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
Dave, today.

I hadn't seen that. I just got off work and was wondering what was up.

from the sound of that, he doesn't know much about the candidates, which if i can be a dirty liberal for a sec sounds like a republican, but if he likes the guy cause he has a sweatervest and is a parent then i guess ok.

lol and yes i'm aware dave is a douche. I don't think too many people would argue that but I can deal with some arrogance and stuff but if he's as bigoted as santorum we have a problem
Don"t Be A Bitch.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Dave, right before that.

"You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."

He also complimented Santorum not using attack ads, even though the one and only ad I've seen yet (I quit giving a shit about politics when I realized that not only did I hate all of the Republicans, I hated the Democrats to) was an attack ad by Santorum.

I realized straight after posting, as I was curious enough to check out the original quotes, hence the rapid edit to point out that I hadn't seen them.

Just typical Dave, then.

Love Megadeth, but any admiration for Dave outside of his music has long since crawled into a hole and died a lonely, miserable death.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Shit, I don't care.
Why do you think they kicked him outta Metallica?
OH HELL YES METALCORE
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

The guy's still an immature prick, the only difference is that now he's a pseudo-intellectual nutjob.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Fat Lard
Did you actually expect him to have decent political views? He's a Christian...
So, what you're saying is that only non-Christians have decent political views? If you said, for instance, only non-Muslims or only non-Buddhists had decent political views...would that be cool? Why's it cool to insinuate then that only non-Christians have decent political views?

Also:

In other words, don't act like your damn opinion is truth. It's just an opinion.

And that, ladies and gentlemen (hehe, yeah right ) of the Pit, is my opinion. It's worth 2cents (or 2quid, for you Brits). So, basically worthless. Opinion are usually that way.
What happened to Santorum declaring war on heavy metal?
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So, what you're saying is that only non-Christians have decent political views? If you said, for instance, only non-Muslims or only non-Buddhists had decent political views...would that be cool? Why's it cool to insinuate then that only non-Christians have decent political views?

In other words, don't act like your damn opinion is truth. It's just an opinion.

And that, ladies and gentlemen (hehe, yeah right ) of the Pit, is my opinion. It's worth 2cents (or 2quid, for you Brits). So, basically worthless. Opinion are usually that way.

I agree with you. This almost makes up for all of your bro hate.
Quote by southpaw_tdg

O NO SOEBODY IS EXPRESSING THER SUPPRT FOR SOEBODY ELSE THAT ACTULLY STANDS BY WAT THEY BLIEVE!!!! THE HRORR!!!!
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by WaterGod
Santorum=Obama Re-election
I sure hope you aren't comparing Santorum to Obama, lul.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
there was a thread about this yesterday
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Page 1 of 2