Okay, I just recently got my ENGL e530 preamp and Peavey Classic 50-50 power amp. Not to mention my Carvin 1x12 MicroCab.

Okay, enough bragging. Now that my current setup has been listed, I've got about $150 to spend on a decent XLR -> USB audio interface for my computer. I understand that I can simply use the output of my preamp and run it into my computer, but I want ALL my tone to be there. Thus, I need something to go from my mic to my computer. It doesn't have to have a million and one channels, but it does have to be decent.

Any ideas, guys?

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/lexicon-alpha-usb-desktop-recording-studio

Is that suitable?
Last edited by The.new.guy at Feb 16, 2012,
If you have $150 to spend towards a decent interface I can definitely recommend the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Same preamp as it's Saffire counterpart (Saffire 6) but for a bit less coin.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
I have the Scarlet 2i2, its some good stuff. The fact that it comes with Abelton Live Lite and the plugins definitely makes it the one to go for.

You do have a mic though, right? USB interfaces don't play well with high gain through a quarter inch cable.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
I have the Scarlet 2i2, its some good stuff. The fact that it comes with Abelton Live Lite and the plugins definitely makes it the one to go for.

You do have a mic though, right? USB interfaces don't play well with high gain through a quarter inch cable.

A Sure SM-58. Unfortunately, I don't have a mic designed for instruments, but that will come next.

EDIT: Wadafux are those inputs on the front of the 2i2????
Last edited by The.new.guy at Feb 16, 2012,
Nothing wrong with a 58. Very good mic to have around, but once you get the 57 you'll be off and rolling with a good backbone mic for recording.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Just, for sake of throwing in a alternative - the M Audio Fast Track 2 is pretty good.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by tehbeatnik
Nothing wrong with a 58. Very good mic to have around, but once you get the 57 you'll be off and rolling with a good backbone mic for recording.

The difference between a 57 and a 58 is a pop filter.
RIP Gooze

cats
Yeah a Shure SM58 is fine for guitars. Just put it right up against the grill cloth and position it correctly and it'll sound fine.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X