tripping effects;video and guitar. kinda hendrix feel, *and a yellow led better riff thrown in that i heard to the rythm parts* you seemed like you were adding passing notes that kinda didnt fit i the melody or key in some solo parts, aside that decending melody after you come back to e i can tell you wanted those passing notes. I like it all except the parts that sounded outta key, pratice playing your scales beause i believe you went outta of key harshly at points but when your in key you play beautifully. C4C me my link is in my sig.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Critical Opinions Blues.

Your voice sounds like Jack White met Robert Plant.

Its got a nice Zepplin feel to it in general.

Screaming solos rule.

+1!!

I do admit there are a few places I am out of key here and there. This is the first thing I have recorded after not playing for about 3 months.

First time Using my amp in like 6 months.

Took me 2 hours to just get that one decent take of me playing lead.

Enough Excuses.

Some times I just wing it, and it shows. Thanks for the great feed back.
thanks brother glad for the +1. At least you can now adress your mistakes, PM when you get new tunes up and junk we can back and forth knowledge!!!
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
At first I literally winced at that guitar tone you have - it's SO abrasive. But I grew into it gradually, and came to really like it in the main section. Creates a really interesting atmosphere alongside the really minimal organ and drums, and it's not entirely like anything else I've heard before.

I'd have to agree with jwax about the solo sections though...not only in terms of you going out of key sometimes, but also I genuinely don't think the guitar sound works at all for the higher notes. I'd say if you keep that sound for the EAD strings, you have something surprisingly good - but I would experiment with slight variations for the solos.
I started on a channel that is very bright and speaker sounding. Then went to a bassier channel the whole time I had a TS9 on low gain. Maybe I'll try less treble, especially on the gain channel.

I admit that going out of key is sloppy. and that towards the end when I turn on the VS SOH it was to much gain, and way to high (treble wise).

I think I need to clean up my tone, take the VS SOH out of my pedals and put my MXR comp back in. On top of clean up some playing.

Thanks again for the positives!

Question is do I reshoot or do I move on?
Last edited by caw1 at Feb 18, 2012,