I am going to down tune my guitar to D standard from drop D. I have a Floyd, and I wondered if I am going to need to screw the springs in the back inwards or outwards when the bridge sinks/rises.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

you are tightening the strings, thus you tighten the springs to counteract that.
So, inwards it is..
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
I am going to down tune my guitar

loosening the strings.
the bridge will recess into the body.
you will need to loosen the springs.
turn the screws counter-clockwise.

RIGHTY TIGHTY
LEFTY LOOSEY!!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Ahah. I thought something was up. I haven't begun to do it yet so it was good you posted.
Quote by luxeion

No problem
Quote by luxeion

NOOO! D standard to Drop D is NOT down tuning, it's tightening so you'll need to tighten the springs.
Last edited by itamar100 at Feb 17, 2012,
Quote by itamar100
NOOO! D standard to Drop D is NOT down tuning, it's tightening so you'll need to tighten the springs.

He's going the other way mate
Why don't you just do it and find out? Why bother making a thread?
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
I am going to down tune my guitar to D standard from drop D. I have a Floyd, and I wondered if I am going to need to screw the springs in the back inwards or outwards when the bridge sinks/rises.

Ok. Drop D - DADGBE. D standard - D-G-C-F-A-D. So you're tuning down. So you need to loosen the springs.

Quote by jeffmetalhead

He's obviously confused. Give him a break.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by jeffmetalhead

Because I don't want to submit the neck/bridge/strings to long periods of unnecessary tension? I also want to get it done with as quick as possible.
Quote by luxeion

stealstrings: Thanks!
Quote by luxeion

Quote by stealstrings
Ok. Drop D - DADGBE. D standard - D-G-C-F-A-D. So you're tuning down. So you need to loosen the springs.

He's obviously confused. Give him a break.

Can't help it if someone gives common sense a break. Just doing it would serve better in this instance.
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
Because I don't want to submit the neck/bridge/strings to long periods of unnecessary tension? I also want to get it done with as quick as possible.

Unnecessary tension? Forget about that dude unless you put massive strings on and tune to E standard. Quick as possible? Well forget about that too, it just takes patience when tuning with a floyd rose.
Quote by StrykVladzimsky
stealstrings: Thanks!

Glad to help.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"